It's too slippery!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by tl01, Jun 16, 2015.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

I find that when I workout outside now when it is hot out, that the watch slides down even if I wear it tightly. Apparently I sweat under it...and then it slides down and doesn't get an accurate HR.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

If it is still tight enough it should get your HR.

3. mr.anthonyramos macrumors regular

mr.anthonyramos

What band are you wearing and maybe show us a picture of how you wear your watch? If it goes up and down then there must be something with the fitting.

4. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

I can't imagine how else to fit it. Pink sports band and it is the S/m. I do have a case on the watch. I wonder if that makes a difference?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. DynamicSausage macrumors 6502

DynamicSausage

No wonder you're sweating, that looks terrifyingly tight. Maybe try it without the case? Mine is nowhere near that tight and I can't even slide it down my arm if I try.

6. Aleks65 macrumors member

That definitely seems tight enough (dare I say, too tight?) It definitely shouldn't be sliding around even if you're sweating.

Have you tried it without the case?

7. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

I have worn it on the next slot out and it still does the same thing. I have to keep sliding it back up my wrist. I'm going to try without the case shortly when I work out but today's workout is indoors;).

8. fireman13 macrumors 6502

Are you wearing a lot of lotion? I imagine lotion with sweat could cause it to slip up and down. I agree with the the others though, it looks like your wearing it plenty tight enough. As long as the sensors are touching the flat part of your arm you should get an accurate hrt rate reading whether it slips up and down a little or not. Mine does when I run and I haven't had any issues getting inaccurate hrt rate readings.

9. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

So I put it to the second notch from the end and when out watching my kids in the pool, it slipped down...it was about 100 degrees. I checked my HR and it varies between 52-123 while walking vigorously. I highly doubt my HR was 52;). I do use lotion. I only apply it there once a day and it isn't a greasy lotion... I hate greasy lotions!! But maybe that is my issue.

10. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

Thats wayy too tight, your ring is also way too tight. Im suprised ur hand gets blood with that tightness

11. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

My ring is not too tight thank you. I have a flexible white gold sizer inside that keeps the ring at the appropriate size and facing up. My ring can easily be removed. I am not having any problems with my ring. I'm not sure how you could even tell that from those pics.

[​IMG]

12. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

Have you tried the larger band with it? It's possible the holes in it are offset differently than the smaller band and will give you a better fit, plus the extra banding under the watch band might help keep it in place without being too tight.

The band color looks nice on you.

13. Nell macrumors regular

Have you tried wearing it on your wrist rather than a bit further up your arm? It's easy for it to slide as you're wearing it because there's a slimmer bit of arm for it to slide onto.

14. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

I did originally but the HR was very erratic. I will try it again though.

15. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks! I'll try the other band later today. Right now I'm wearing it lower on my wrist to see how accurate the HR is.

16. Bigdog9586 macrumors regular

Got to be something else. My wife tells me women don't sweat.

17. Banich2 macrumors regular

Also, trying the larger band will give you more extra band to tuck into the slot, which might make for a better fit/grip.

18. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

19. Banich2 macrumors regular

The watch band definitely appears tight in the provided picture. The ring doesn't look tight at all, maybe that guy is drunk.

20. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ha! When you are exercising and it is 95 degrees out...even a lady is going to sweat;). She will just shower and smell good before she sees you!

21. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks!!!:)

22. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

Not sure why your watch is sliding but wanted to chime in and say I wear my watch about as tightly as that. I like the watch to stay firmly in place; I actually forget it's there at times as it just feels like part of my arm. However, when I workout, I have to make it one notch tighter to prevent it from moving but it doesn't affect my circulation.

23. 3under2 macrumors regular

3under2

[​IMG][​IMG]

I wear my watch every day too while training and I get SWEATY as all hell. I never have a problem with it sliding? I have a 38mm SS and I wear the small wristband and have it on the 3rd hole. Are you wearing the 42mm as the face looks quite large?Could that be why it's sliding around so much?

24. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wait, does every woman who owns an Apple Watch also have a big diamond ring, wood floors and beige carpet?

25. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Lol! And don't forget the manicures! I just about died of envy when I saw 3under2's nails. I'm doing landscaping and garden maintenance for my own property and now two others. I won't be able to have decent fingernails again until November.

To the OP, speaking from long experience from my landscaping work, I can say sweat and plastic against your wrist aren't a good mix. I'm not sure how much contact there is between the case bits and your skin but it's likely the case giving you some problems and putting too much space between you and the sensors if it's the one that wraps around the watch leaving a cutout hole in the back.

Back to the quoted post...

I've got a big diamond ring but I can't wear it in my line of work. I've got the hardwood floors but no beige carpet. The only photo I've shared so far of me with the watch on is very unconventional. In lieu of gold rings and wood and carpet I present you grass and junk and a tarantula:

image.jpg