It's true - Apple DO know best and the new MBPs are great

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Widgetal, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Widgetal macrumors newbie

I desperately needed a new 15" MBP and was gutted at the recent updates. Still those horrid glossy screens, the ugly chiclet keyboard and, to make it worse, a battery I can't easily change. I had to make a decision - put up and buy one or start looking at PCs.

So I looked at Viaos and a Toshiba very, very seriously but couldn't face going back to Windows, so had no choice to get one of these new, crappy MBPs. And I hated handing over my £1,499.

But I was totally wrong.

The glossy screen is fine - and the improvement in detail, colour and contrast compared to my early 2008 MBP are well worth it.

The battery - the more I thought about it the more I realised that I have NEVER replaced a battery on any of my past laptops. And seeing my battery remaining go up to 10hrs yesterday was a lovely thing to see!

The SD reader is a lovely addition that I've used about half a dozen times already.

It's tonnes quieter than my old one and, when it wakes from sleep, the CDROM drive doesn't make a noise like a 1980's VCR.

I love the fact there's no catch to open the screen and the unibody means no more creaking.

So I don't think I'll ever doubt Apple again. I think I know what I want but yet again Apple have shown me what I REALLY want.

2. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Haha, well, I'm quite glad to hear that. ;). Apple does know what they're doing. Usually, that is. :p