itsmemorphious Rebel Scholar $20/!00 case!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by labman, Jul 31, 2009.

1. labman macrumors 604

labman

Just wondering if anybody has caught the itsmemorphious review of the Rebel Scholar pretty entertaining they sent him the case with out telling him the cost he raves on about what a nice $20/30 case it is you go to the website it's a $100 case! :eek: I think Rebel Scholar should have told carlos he was getting a $100 case lol! they just sent it to him with no info. I am ordering the pocket knife though not the case lol! I do think though he should have done a quick look on the site I was shocked when I saw the price. I mean a $100 for plastic seriously!

itsmemorphious Rebel Scholar review

Rebel Scholar website it's the El Lucha Gold

2. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Let's analyze the situation now. Click on the very link you provided, and scroll all the way to the right. Bam, 8 cases that cost $20. Now scroll to the left a little, 17 cases that are $35.

Then obviously the 5 cases that are $100.

3. dauerhippo macrumors regular

I'd really like to know if they sold ANY of those 100$ cases. 100$ for an incase slider knockoff????? That's ballsy.

4. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

you'd be very stupid to spend $100 on an iphone CASE

that design is incredibly ugly anyways so that's insult to injury.

5. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Uhhhh... How come when I click on the first link in the OP is goes to the macrumors new thread page?

6. labman thread starter macrumors 604

labman

thanks!

not sure how I did that but it's fixed! No the part I find crazy that Rebel Scholar didn't tell Carlos they sent him $100 case I think that's crazy. he doesn't get paid to review does get free products but he gives allot of the stuff away!

he Just update a new review with a 10 case give away!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsBavmS9qWw&feature=related

7. V4705 macrumors 6502

for 30k subscribers, i don't think it will surprise him to get 450$ case.

8. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i can't stand carlos' reviews.... he drags them out way too much.... (well.... most reviewers do) they take 20 minutes to give out 5 minutes of information!

and what's with taking 10 minutes to open up a stinkin' box? UGH!

the $100 cases are FUGLY!

9. kicko macrumors 65816

He is a bit talkie but i think Carlos does a great job covering things that other reviewers either dont notice or only mention because the case they are reviewing had been reviewed 12 times over. I didn't even like slider cases but from that review I think i will pick up a rebel scholar for $20

yeah, unboxings i do not understand. This aint "seven" and were not Brad Pitt, we already know whats in there, just open the dang thing.

$100 case is crazy IMO but people spend all sorts of money on stupid things every day. To each his/her own .

10. labman thread starter macrumors 604

labman

box opening in general crack me up

I just don't get the whole box opening thing maybe and a strong maybe the manufactures box but to start with the shipping box who gives a flying (insert word) but in most cases just show the product unless it's a important accessory I don't need to know allot about it. It comes with this and this next! looks to me like Rebel Scholar got smart and sent allot out to the reviewers to both review and give away. Smart on there part since very quickly they are all over youtube. the cases are decent personally I still like my Seidio case. pretty much all the reviewers tend to ramble out them Carlos and Iphonegirl are entertaining they could stand shorting up there reviews abet. I say you could easily do a case review in 2-3 minutes and give a good review.

11. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Where are your case reviews then? If you were reffering to itsmemorphious, he has about 30,000 subscribers. Must be doing something right.

12. labman thread starter macrumors 604

labman

well

I not picking on the guy I am a subscriber to Carlos he is actually one of my favorite reviews. all I am saying is I don't think all the reviews need to start with the box it was shipped in and the reviews could be a little shorter. I am in no way saying I can do a better job. I even have a little menace knife on the way lol. but will I continue to listen to Carlos and even fallow him on twitter the answer is yes.

13. AGIPSY macrumors regular

that's the great thing about youtube though, just skip forward if you don't like it.

14. solideliquid macrumors 6502

solideliquid

For anyone who has the Rebel Scholar, does it leave smudges on the iPhone, where the rubber rails meet the phone? My incase slider did this and it's very annoying.

15. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

So far I haven't noticed any but haven't had it all that long. I have the Matte black one with black rails.

16. doubled50 macrumors newbie

doubled50

$100 is ridiculous to spend unless your paris hilton or something. That is half of what my phone cost. I'd be better off going naked and replacing the phone every time it gets beat up.

I do like the box and stickers you get with the $100 case. I thought about getting one of the $35 cases, but am happy with my $20 rebel + Otterbox + $3 fake soloFX :)