itsmemorphious - Where are You?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iMetalG5, Jul 1, 2010.

1. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

Not sure if anyone here follows Carlos but if you do anyone know what happened to the guy? I enjoy his vids and feel he does an excellent job.

He has not posted a vid in some time. There are rumors that he has quit doing vids to some really awful (most likely false) rumors about his personal life, etc... which has no place here.

But I'm wondering if anyone has info if he really has quit doing youtube vids. You'd think after the i4 release he would have posted something...I've been following him since September 2008 so its just weird all of a sudden he's gone.

2. xmtgx macrumors regular

Talked to mtpflyers about it he said he's all good and should be back to making videos shortly.

3. jefftroll macrumors member

I follow him on youtube as well and that is what inspired me to start doing reviews. iphonetroll on youtube. I do not usually show the unboxing part just to save time and try to keep my reviews to the point and under 3 minutes.

You can follow him on twitter if you want to know when he posts a new vid.

4. Branman1 macrumors member

Carlos was having some health issues recently and is on the track back to being better. We should see him real soon. Im looking forward to his comeback with some awesome reviews and videos about the the iphone 4.

5. -Knight- macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

I follow Carlos also, As well as mtpflyers. Great reviews and giveaways. I think Carlos is doing the right thing and taking a hard break from videos and reviews and concetrate on his health. I know he's had back problems for a while now and looks like he's on track to be good again. I'm sure he has a treasure cheast of stuff he's been getting from vendors to do reviews on lol.

6. Cakester macrumors regular

Carlos is an awesome dude and hopefully he gets better and gets to doing what he does best. Speedy recovery Carlos!!

7. iMetalG5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I really hope he comes back. Now that i4 has come and gone I really was hoping he'd do a new vid. I have heard of the mental/physical health and family problem rumors so I hope whatever it is he gets well soon. Just hoping for some kinda update.

8. iMetalG5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

just thought i'd bring this back...

Anyone hear anything???? I've been told some rumors (all of them are the same so I am starting to think its true) and I do not think he will be back. If the rumors are true he has more important things to focus on than filming.

But I'm hoping maybe someone else here has heard something? He was the original...

On a side note I've been really enjoying these 2 guys:

metagamers
    larrygreenberg

9. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

He is just taking a break. He is doing fine. He keeps saying he will be back soon so who knows.

10. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Add wwwinsanelygreatmac
    He is the best I've ever seen at iPhone case reviews.

11. scarboy6693 macrumors 6502

I'd say go check out TekBeatTV and TechnologyBRAT

12. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

13. scarboy6693 macrumors 6502

True, but the others are pretty good too

14. iMetalG5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks, gonna chk out the guys you suggested. always cool to see new reviewers.

Hate to say it a lot of people that try to do reviews can't. They either drag it out for way too long, have a bad sense of humor, and can't explain and have no attention to detail and are just all over the place. Carlos had the voice and attitude of a true "Billy Mays" where he could convince you to sell your soul to the devil :p well... he was very convincing and he explained things so clearly and didn't leave any stone unturned. Miss his vids big time. :(

15. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I completely agree with you.

16. iMetalG5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i hate to bring this up again but has ANYONE heard ANYTHING about Carlos? I've been in touch w/people connected to him through FB to a few people at Cherry Brook Apple Store to someone who claimed to be his cousin. I'm hearing a lot of rumors and most of them are being repeated over and over which makes me think there could be a possibility somehow it is somewhat true maybe :eek:

But seriously, I loved all his vids and for whatever reason (and many other youtube'ers) we are all wondering...what happened? I think someone hit up the mygearstore owner...no one knows.

I pray the guy is ok wherever he is. But if someone does have some new info, please let us know or PM me like a few of you have already (no one knows what happened, we're just keeping in touch, if someone hears something they will pass it on)...

17. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

Cool to see so many other people who watch itsmemorphious on youtube. He was the reason I ended up purchasing several of the cases that I owned for my iPhone 3G.

18. scott99 macrumors 6502a

Carlos is the best ! Love his reviews, but the others mentioned are pretty cool too.

19. iMetalG5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

same here.

I also believe I read somewhere he single handedly made the Radtech OmiCleanz product soar! :D he really had a talent and could have been a spokesman for a company. Its a shame he just "disappeared". I get if he does not want to do this anymore and has other priorities but not even a goodbye? No update? from a guy that was online 24hrs a day with all the high tech tools at his disposal to just disappearing, it scares me!

20. mtpflyers macrumors newbie

I want to know who thinks I don't know what's going on with Carlos and that I am using his influence on YouTube to get attention??
    Be a man and speak up!!!

21. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

You actually do know and are his close friend. Saw the pic you posted of Carlos yesterday too :)

22. Resist macrumors 68030

After watching some of his reviews, I purchased the products. They turned out to be not as good as he made them sound. So yea, he was good at getting people to spend their money.

23. Dominat0r macrumors 6502a

Dominat0r

i watch carlos's reviews for a long time..good guy, good reviews. Wish him speedy recovery.

24. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

If Carlos is indeed sick, i hope he has a quick and full recovery. His videos have been a tremendous help for me!

25. V4705 macrumors 6502

+1
    looks like a cool guy, did great videos, have nice family, i hope he's okay.