Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmac049

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
Georgia
I have run the iTunes Match and it matched all but 152 of my almost 6000 songs, but I noticed that some of the songs that it did not match are definitely in the iTunes store.

Example: I have Collective Soul, Run from the album Dosage. This is one of the songs iTunes did not match yet I searched the iTunes Store and found it. The version I have is a lower bit rate so I was hoping to update it. Is anyone else noticing this type of problem, songs not matching that are actually in the iTunes Store? Looking for a solution.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
What's the bit rate of your current file? Also there could be an issue in iTunes end that's causing the mid match. I've was able to match all but 1100 out of 19600 tracks. It originally said 2500 but I guess iTunes continuously checks out your library.

jmac049

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
Georgia
The bit rate of the current is 192.

You know, I did a little more investigating and looked at a few more songs that were unmatched but in the iTunes Store. I noticed that the durations were different. In the Store, the Collective Soul song says 4:33. In my library it says 4:13.

So far, the ten or so songs I have checked that have not been matched that are in the iTunes store have different durations. I think that may be the problem. Since I can't actually change the duration in the info, I guess I'm stuck. Oh well.

Still interested if anyone is having this problem. If someone finds a solution, that would be great. Thanks.

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
I have this problem too. I have about 8000 songs in my iTunes library and 4800 were matched. I have a couple of hundred songs that did not get matched, though I think they should have. Even weirder, some of the songs were part of an album where other songs were matched. Strange.

e.m.

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2005
San Francisco
uploading purchased tracks too

Many of my purchased songs are being matched instead of being recognized as purchases. Weird.

Some of my purchased songs are being uploaded. Even weirder. :confused:

I also have bunch of albums that are sold on the iTunes Store that are being uploaded instead of matched.

All the meta tags are the same as they were when I purchased them through the iTunes Store.

DaveWonders

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2006
Out of 4400 songs, I have about 230 that weren't matched. Once I take out local bands and albums that aren't available on iTunes I have about 150.

Of those 150 about 10 were the last track on a CD I ripped that had hidden tracks. I used Garageband to trim to the duration listed in the store and re-imported back into iTunes and they were matched. Then I just delete the whole album from my local drive and download the 256kb Matched files.

Another 10 or so of the remaining 140 are cover songs that are not on albums that iTunes sells. So obviously some are copyright issues. Makes sense.

But the vast majority are songs that iTunes has and usually its only a track or 2 of albums that had the other songs matched. Kind of frustrating with my OCD :/

Here are some popular songs that I can't get to match:

Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel
Let's Go Crazy - Prince
Sign O The Times - Prince
Gett Off - Prince
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (1-5) - Pink Floyd
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (6-9) - Pink Floyd

These are just some of the 'P's obviously... Anyone else with similar experiences?

repete7

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2010
Many of my purchased songs are being matched instead of being recognized as purchases. Weird.

Some of my purchased songs are being uploaded. Even weirder. :confused:

I also have bunch of albums that are sold on the iTunes Store that are being uploaded instead of matched.

All the meta tags are the same as they were when I purchased them through the iTunes Store.

I noticed that some of my purchased songs were matched, too. The ones I've checked so far were purchased as an EP that is no longer available while the album is still in the store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.