iTune music

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bluebird3, Aug 18, 2014.

1. bluebird3 macrumors regular

So I just had music files on my USB flash memory Drive and inserted into my MacBook to listen to them. But after rejected the USB flash memory drive, all the music remained on my Mac iTunes library and listening to them as I type.... I did not really want the music on there, how did they got there ? and how can I get rid of them clean and clear ? All I wanted to do was to listen to what was on the USB flash memory drive. I did not mean to copy/import them on to my mac.

2. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

Hi,

this is the default behavior : when you open a mp3 file, the file is imported in iTunes.

If you don't want this, do this : select the file, right click, open with QuickTime, or any other app that can read it (VLC, MPlayerX, etc...)

To "clean" iTunes of the unwanted music : select, delete (right click + delete, or backspace key), then move the files to the trash when prompted.

3. bluebird3 thread starter macrumors regular

so basically to listen to them via quick time instead of using the iTunes ? Say there are 10 songs from USB Flash Drive I would like to continuously listen to, then I just select all and do the right click? (sorry but I do not have a mouse on my macbook....)

4. Bruno09, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2014

Bruno09 macrumors 68020

Yes you are correct.

You dont need a mouse to right click :

You can do : Ctrl + click, or activate the right click in System Preferences / Trackpad.

Edit : not at my Mac right now, but I don't think you will listen to them continuously in QuickTime : VLC should allow this.