itune playlist for a slideshow

Discussion in 'iPod' started by indira, Apr 27, 2007.

1. indira macrumors newbie

I am new to this forum so hopefully I will be able to explain an extremely frustrating problem.

I have developed a great slideshow and painstakingly timed slides to a playlist of 8 songs. The songs were selected to sort of tell a story of a trip I just experienced with my daughter.

Here is the frustrating part, the play list just plays without all the beautiful fading I want between songs. One song abruptly stops and then moves on to the next. Even when I alter the start and stop times that information does not process to the slide show.

Is there any way to make a smooth group of songs for a slideshow? It seems like I have tried everything in options and preferences but the info won't transfer to a playlist.

Any ideas would be so appreciated!!!

2. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

You choose the iTunes playlist from inside iPhoto, I suppose.

What happens if you close iTunes before you start iPhoto? Does it make any difference?

3. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

not sure if you can do all that through iTunes or iPhoto (which i assume you're using). iMovie lets you do things like that but it's not as easy to make a slideshow in iMovie as iPhoto (it's easy, just not as easy).

4. indira thread starter macrumors newbie

Because I was so far into this project with all the timing and coordination of slides I decided to just get it over with and burn it with those abrupt albeit small gaps.

However, I am definitely going to try your idea the next time. There just seems to be something not right with my playlist blending skills or there is some "issue" with how the playlist info configures into a slideshow.

5. indira thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep it is definitely easier to make a slideshow in iPhoto and then send it to iDvd at least for me. Now I have not used iMovie to make a slideshow so that may be worthy of exploration.

I actually was wondering if the GarageBand could help me blend the songs but I just took a brief look "in" there and decided that was going to take me a month to figure where to even start with it.