iTune purchases not transferring to new Authorized Computer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JazzCollector, May 10, 2010.

1. JazzCollector macrumors member

I am in process of setting up a new computer system. I've purchased a Windows 7 PC and am migrating my music from a PowerPC Mac. Both systems are active authorized iTunes computers. I set them up to share and used the share utility to import my entire library into the new system.

Every single non-iTunes songs transferred without issue - 27,000+ of them but every single iTunes purchased songs, only 400 of them, did not.

They are both home systems attached to the same network.

Can anyone tell me how to get these iTunes purchased songs transferred over? These still have the DAM lock on them.

Thank you!

Rant Warning:

BTW, as a JazzCollector with the above song collection and only my wifes (400 iTunes) collection co-mingled on the same computer, I've determined that Genius hates me and has a crush on the wife.

She likes rock, alternative, adult contemporary crap style of music. Genius has included her entire collection of 400 songs across the 9 Genius mixes.

Would you believe there is not ONE SINGLE mix dedicated to plain old ordinary (not smooth) jazz? Less than 1/3rd of my collection is recognized, and what is recognized is the most banal of all my jazz collection.

I'd be happy with a mainstream jazz mix, I'm not expecting it would know of some of the more obscure avant jazz. Big Band jazz would be a nice addition. Separation into Classical (pre-1970) and modern jazz would be a better bonus.

/End Rant

We can't solve the worlds problems on a BBS. For now I'd be happy with a solution to moving the iTunes files over. Thanks!

2. jdechko macrumors 68040

Sneakernet? (Copy the files to a flash drive from your old computer and then copy them into iTunes)

Also, iTunes is capable of handling multiple libraries. That might help you out with your other problem.

3. JazzCollector thread starter macrumors member

My first attempt at moving my music was to use an external HD. I selected import and saw the program try to bring the files in. After 10 minutes it stopped....and not a single song showed up in the Music folder. Oy, I'll try again tonight.