Ituned not reflecting MetaX Tags

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Thakorr, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Thakorr macrumors newbie

Anyone else have thsi problem or know a possible solution? I add all the tags to my movie using MetaX and when I import the file into itunes none of the tagging information is there. What gives?

2. downinitjr macrumors member

What type of file are you trying to tag,(.mov, .mp4)? How were these files created? Are you using the latest version of meta-x? Are you making sure that the check boxes are checked next to each of the tags you are trying to write in meta-x? (If you are selecting the tags found automatically by meta-x, make sure to double click to "enable" the tags.)

3. Thakorr thread starter macrumors newbie

4. rWally macrumors regular

Yeah, I'm guessing you're not hitting the toggle button to check all the changes you made in the tags. Made sure the box is checked next to each tag before you re-write the file.

5. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

6. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/1.0.154.43 Safari/525.19)

I wouldn't do that. That'll be fine as long as the tracks stay in this iTunes library, but if you ever find yourself setting up a fresh new iTunes on a new mac or something, your tagging will be gone with your old iTunes and you'll be left with a mess of unsorted files.

MetaX writes the tag data into the actual files, so if ever you need to move them to a new iTunes, all the tagging goes with the file.