iTunes 10.1.1 moving files to wrong location and then losing connection

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jontucker, Dec 16, 2010.

1. jontucker macrumors 6502

This morning I tried to play one of my albums and it told me it wasn't able to locate the files (on my external disk) so I located them manually and for some reason it has created a new iTunes folder in the root of my HDD (even though the iTunes prefs still pointed at the external disk) and moved the files in to that.

I deleted the album from the library and then imported the files from the new folder. It imported them fine and copied them to the exiting iTunes folder in the ext HDD but then immediately copied them back to the wrong iTunes folder. Then it told me it couldn't find them again!

I've now discovered 4 other albums that it's doing the same thing with and no matter what I do I can't get them to import, stay on the ext HDD and remain connected.

I've re-installed iTunes and restored my library file from before I upgraded to 10.1.1(4) but it's still doing the same thing.

Any ideas anyone?

2. jontucker thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorted. I had ZumoCast running so I quit that and then reimported the offending albums. Weird.