iTunes 10.1.2 Safe To Get?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bella92108, Jan 27, 2011.

1. bella92108 macrumors 68000

Anyone on 4.2.1 Tethered JB try iTunes 10.1.2 yet? I'm guessing it's safe, but just want to seek confirmation prior to taking the leap :)

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

I'd guess yesalso but give the Dev-team and a few others a chance to check it out. I'd rather be safe then sorry!

3. Jkazmeyer macrumors regular

I'll be waiting for the all clear... No new features or anything worth rushing in for. I'm sure the dev team will test it for issues and let the community know.

4. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

I updated to 10.2.1 on my iMac and could not get redsn0w to recognize my iphone in dfu mode so I could reboot tethered. I thought I was going crazy, but I could not get it to work.

Connected iPhone to my Macbook (on which I didn't update iTunes) and redsn0w and itunes recognized the phone in dfu mode right away.

5. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Good to know since someone is more interested in tweeting about filming for the new xmen movie instead. :p

6. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

lol. I read the dev tweets about non-jailbreak chatter and I just want to yell "get back to work"!

Of course, it's their hobby apparently, so not their top priority.

7. labman, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011

labman macrumors 604

labman

Those Dev-team jerks having a life. On something they are not paid to do. :rolleyes: none of you myself included know what's involved relax.

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

for those that waited it's official.
    MuscleNerd: For the cautious JBers who've been asking: iTunes 10.1.2 is safe (allows downgrades,DFU,TU,syncing,all existing hacks)