iTunes 10.1 Beta 2 Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ScootPatoot, Nov 3, 2010.

1. ScootPatoot macrumors regular

I'm running iTunes 10. Beta 2 (ver 10.1.0.10) on a Windows XP Pro machine at work, and also a Windows 7 machine at home. I also have 4.2 GM running on my iP4.

When I'm selecting which app's to sync to my phone, I will be scrolling through them and all of the sudden it will go to a white screen like it froze and I will have to End Process on iTunes.exe in Task Manager. This happens on both PCs I have. I thought the problem was because I have emoji images as my folder names. I changed that to just regular text and it is still happening. Anyone experience this?

Yes, I know it is a beta and I am not complaining. I knew what I was getting into before I installed both iTunes and the GM. Just wanted to get some feedback to see if anyone else has seen this, and if anyone knows of a fix.

2. cirial macrumors regular

Same thing happens to me.. Screen gets all funky and iTunes locks up if I select too many apps to sync.

I also couldnt get the 4.2 GM to fully install on my phone either. It would error 1013 when it was updating the baseband. Oh well.. phone still works and has 4.2 on it fully restored. I'll give it another shot when 10.1 is final as well as iOS 4.2

3. ScootPatoot thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah. I figure it will be fixed with the official release. Just hoping someone might know a fix for it.

4. cirial macrumors regular

What I did was sync no more than 5 apps at a time, then hit sync. Let iTunes do its thing. Exit out, and do another 5 until I finally got them all.

5. ScootPatoot thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I did that too. It just sucks because sometimes, without even checking an app to sync it, just by scrolling through the list it will freeze...

6. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Someone was having the same problem as us, but with his iPad. What he did to "get around" this bug was this.

In iTunes, select on the left window pane the Apps. This will show all your apps in the main window.
    Then click and hold each app you want and drag it over on top of your iPhone on the left hand pane. It should add it to the apps that way. Then sync.

He said it worked for him. I'll try it when I get home to see. If not, I'm back to 4.1 and iTunes 10.0

7. cirial macrumors regular

When my iOS 4.2 GM install failed at the baseband update, I tried going back to 4.1, but it fails at the same time but with a different error :(

If you uninstall the iTunes 10.1 beta 2 prior to installing 4.1, then iTunes 10.0.1 wont even "see" the iPhone

8. ScootPatoot thread starter macrumors regular

That's a good workaround. I never knew you could do that. I just tried one app and it worked. I'll keep doing it that way until the official version is release. Thanks!

9. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Sweet. Try and do like 5 or 10 apps like that in a row. Does iTunes puke and lock up? Let me know. If it works then I'll be a little bit happier.
    On another side note, the Mac version of the beta doesn't have these problems. Nice huh?

Oh, I'm using Windows 7 Pro 64bit.
    What OS is everyone else using? Wonder if that might have something to do with it.

10. Saberon macrumors 6502a

W7 64bit...99% sure its an iTunes 10.1 B2 bug which will be fixed in official 10.1 release