iTunes 10.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jfong425, Nov 12, 2010.

1. jfong425 macrumors member

itunes 10.1 just came out today. I did some hunting online and a few people say that its safe for jailbreakers to upgrade to 10.1 without any affects to your jailbreak. Anyone else confirm this?

2. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Nothing from Musclenerd or the Dev Team just yet. I'm holding off even thought it will probably be fine.

3. bella92108 macrumors 68000

If it doesn't come from the Dev Team, it's not vetted. They are the ones behind the jailbreaks, so since there isn't a 4.2 JB yet, I'd ONLY trust their response, because nobody else has the upcoming JB to test it. Anyone else who installs it and says it works might be true, but they don't have the next JB yet, so aren't qualified to advise. And do you really want to risk not being able to JB for a 10.x upgrade? No way.

4. jfong425 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you! great responses. I totally agree with you. Hopefully we find out soon about the updates and a 4.2 update.

5. bella92108 macrumors 68000

It's funny... we all itch and scratch to update so quick, but yet none of the updates lately have really had any features. What's really changed since iTunes 8? Ability to arrange icons? Ping? Whoopee, haha... it's like politicians... sell the idea like it's the best thing since sliced bread, then when delivered "oh, is that all?" lol...

But don't u fear, I'll be the first to update, hahaha.

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

A lot of dudes have a hard on with updates :D

7. Vinnie Madrox macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

i updated to itunes 10.1. jailbroken iphone 4 with 4.1 greenpois0n, everything is fine

8. bella92108 macrumors 68000

Contrary to my own advice, I too jumped on the train.

I do have an odd finding... iTunes 10.1 for my iMac was 55 mb download, whereas iTunes for my MacBook Air 11" was 85 mb... why in the world would that be? They both have the identical configuration (they were mirrored from the same image in fact)... bizarre.

9. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

I'm one of those with a hard on for updates. Mostly because I like to test things and I can always roll back. Well, almost always. Anyway, in the case of iTunes and iPhone/iPad, I have learned that waiting for the DevTeam or Chronic DevTeam to give their blessing is prudent - if you want to update to the latest iOS version and maintain your jailbreak. That being said, if you want to update to iOS 4.2, you'll probably need iTunes 10.1 (at least that's what I understand Apple is saying). Other than for updating to iOS .2, there's no apparent benefit to iTunes 10.1.

10. weemanpow3 macrumors 6502

weemanpow3

Downloaded and installed, it's safe. I'm jailbroken with limera1n.

11. shigs macrumors member

The only thing I've noticed is that since 10.1 scrolling my app list when connected to my iPad or iPhone 4 is slow and freezes iTunes all together. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 10.1 but no luck there.

12. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

A Tweet from 4 hours ago:

MuscleNerd has not yet put out anything on the update.

However, I trust sherif's judgement !

13. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Not trusting anyone until @ceoSteveJobs says so.

[​IMG]

14. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

MuscleNerd posted in the DevTeam blog about 3 hours ago that it was safe.