Itunes 10 + 4.0.1, any restore problems?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dammit Cubs, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

Has everyone here upgraded to Itunes 10 even if you are using 4.0.1. jailbreak software or are you using still using Itunes 9?

Have people been having problems restoring their phones back to 4.0.1. when using itunes 10?

2. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

iTunes 10 is no problem with restores as long as you use it correctly to restore and have hashes saved, modify hosts file.

3. Hype2k2 macrumors 6502

Hype2k2

Yep, I thought it was the samething, but I forgot to pull the blobs.

Just make sure you are doing everything correctly.

4. Shorts. macrumors member

I have restored a couple times but something I noticed is everytime before I restore I have to add sauirks sever to my hosts if I would try to restore without doing that it would say I am not eligible for requested build. Also use tinyumbrella to kick iPhone out of recovery mode after restore

5. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

Just a thought but is there any reason why Cydia doesn't save your blobs automacitally once you open up Cydia for the first time?

6. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

I have done this dozens of times with my iphone 3g, 3gs and iphone 4s. No problems.

I use TinyUmbrella so I don't have to edit any files myself. Don't know why people insist on doing things the hard way. Probably for the same reason people fail to read anything and just dive head first into anything they don't understand.

7. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

Is iTunes 10.01 working ok with jb iPhone 4's?