iTunes 10.4 on 10.7 Lion, display lyrics?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Razorhog, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

I currently use a little program called GimmeSomeTune, which displays song lyrics, and information on the desktop. It used to show artwork and automatically pull lyrics, but the development of the program has ground to a halt with the release of OS X Lion. It does other things like hotkeys and last.fm, but I mainly use it for its ability to display lyrics and song information. As of 10.7 Lion, the thumbnail artwork is broken.

What do you use to display song lyrics and song information?

2. bushbabywas macrumors member

I've been trying to find a single companion app for iTunes that displays album artwork in a floater, controls basic functions, and displays lyrics, all with hotkeys. I settled for using Gimmesometune just to display lyrics (turn everything else off in preferences), and Sizzlingkeys to do everything else.

The two of them together don't add up to much RAM or CPU usage, and you can set both to start with iTunes. They've been a bit buggy on Lion (not always starting with iTunes), but the Sizzlingkeys developer said he'd take a look during this month at problems with Lion.

Otherwise there's Bowtie, Tunesart and Tracks. I liked Tracks a lot, as the search function is a lot better than the rest, and the GUI is nice, but now I use Launchbar to search iTunes - less resource heavy and more features.

So I'd say Gimmesometune and Sizzlingkeys together (they're both free after all), and if you're after search or find and play functions, use a launcher as well.

3. bushbabywas macrumors member

but I'd also much prefer it if the Sizzlingkeys developer added a lyrics display so I could finally ditch Gimmesometune!

4. Razorhog thread starter macrumors 65816

Razorhog

I'm with you on that, please report back if you find anything better. :D