iTunes 10.4 on Mac OS Lion Security error

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tjanssen1990, Aug 2, 2011.

1. tjanssen1990 macrumors newbie

I think I may have just discovered a security error or loophole or whatever you'd like to call it.

As I am transferring purchases from my iPhone to iTunes it repeatedly pops up with the password verification window, which if it happened once would be normal. The thing about it is, is that each time it pops up it has a different email address pre-loaded in the username field. I copy-pasted nine different addresses and then hit cancel because it was getting old.

I have never had this happened to me before, and while I am assuming these addresses are from either pirated music or pirated apps (yes yes, i pirate both, but also buy many) it is still very odd that it shows the addresses for the original buyers, as it never has before.

Any thoughts? Should I call Apple and tell them ;)

2. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

Error. And loophole. I do not think these words means what you think they mean.

Yes, they're cracking down on people like you by asking you to authenticate applications on your devices that do not match Apple IDs that are authenticated on your computer. But please, by all means, call Apple and complain that you're being inconvenienced by frequent authentication pop-up requests because you're illegally pirating their software. I'm sure that they will be VERY sympathetic to your plight.

3. tjanssen1990, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2011

tjanssen1990 thread starter macrumors newbie

It has nothing to do with my selfishness and being inconvenienced, I'm just trying to think of the other people and ther email addresses getting out.

4. dantherevelator, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2011

dantherevelator macrumors regular

Wait, I'm not clear on this. You're concerned about the rights of the people whose apps and music you've pirated? LOL.

5. cerote macrumors 6502a

cerote

Not sure why you would be asking for help on a pirated situation anyway. Most places it is against the rules to assist in it.

BTW it is not a security concern. Apple probably doesn't care of these people that freely share their apps to be cracked anyway.