iTunes 10.5.2 does not go to song in Library

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Chris6481, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Chris6481 macrumors newbie

Since upgrading to version 10.5.2 when I double click on an .mp3 file on my computer iTunes plays the song, but it no longer goes to that song in the Library in the display. It just stays at the top of the Library list. I have to manually type the song in, or scroll down to the song.

Anyone else notice this issue? Thank you.

2. Chris6481 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there a setting to have it automatically do it like it used to instead of having to click the arrow? Thanks.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Not when you play the song by double-clicking a file in finder. If you double-click a song in iTunes to play it, clicking that arrow will take you to wherever you were (whatever playlist you may have used) when you started the song, or collection of songs. For example, let's say you have a song that appears in your "Music" library in iTunes, and also appears in a playlist called "PartyHits" and also appears in a playlist called "MyFaves". If you launch that song from the PartyHits playlist, clicking that button will take you back to that song as it appears in that playlist. The only way it will automatically jump to the current song when it starts is if the playlist you launched the list from is still selected.