iTunes 10.5.2 Scrolling Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by theBigD23, Dec 13, 2011.

1. theBigD23 macrumors 6502a

Has anyone noticed since the update that scrolling is off in iTunes? I'm using the Magic Mouse and when I scroll up or down and change directions, the input takes a few seconds to go the other way. Never had this issue with iTunes before and tested on a lot of other programs and everything else works fine.

Anyone else?

2. Skyrim macrumors member

I have upgraded it today and not meet such problem. You can try an old version to check if that issue occurs again.

3. theBigD23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

My library upgraded when I went to 10.5.2, so I don't know if I can? The issue is really frustrating though.

4. alextheukrainia macrumors newbie

I am experience same issues. Scrolling is laggy as hell. I'm using trackpad on Macbook Air. Scrolling has always been extremely precise and smooth, but now it's terrible, it's as if there's some background processing going on and iTunes is just slow to response... which is possibly what's going on, gonna give it some time and see.

5. johnryjr macrumors regular

I'm having the exact same issue. It's very irritating. Hopefully it gets fixed!

6. dknightd macrumors 6502

Not seeing a problem.
    MacPro Lion 10.7.2, itunes 10.5.2 majic mouse

7. theBigD23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

There is definitely something wrong with .2. I've never had this issue. I've tried reinstalling, rebooting, but it's still giving me a problem. This is on a Mac Pro, but I will try on my Air and see if it has the issue or not.

8. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Was about to post this after having a having for the 2ed time. Using Trackpad (Mac Pro 10.7.2) and the scrolling just keeps going with no way to stop. Also lose all control and can't do anything (except kill) while it goes on it's own. Hope for a quick update.

To lose control just go to Music (for maximum list) and start scrolling fast towards the bottom for a few times and then iTunes "takes over" and you can't do anything.

9. theBigD23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

If you have this issue, please post feedback. to www.apple.com/feedback
    It's the only way we can help make sure the issue is fixed.

10. fr0 macrumors member

Same here

I too am having a similar problem. It's as thought the intertial scrolling is off by a few beats. I am using the trackpad on my C2D 13" MBP running 10.7.2 and iTunes 10.5.2. I am able to control the scrolling, but it seems to lag behind my interactions with the trackpad. Everything else scrolls fine. I hope there are enough people with this problem that Apple will fix it soon!

fr0

11. Maverick513 macrumors member

I met the same problem here. Must we wait for the next upgrade?

12. David085 macrumors 6502a

David085

I just try on mine, it works perfectly don't notice it here

13. jbryant705 macrumors newbie

Lagging

It's happening for me. I even reloaded my computer (for other reasons too) and the issue was still there after reloading!

14. mrfrosty macrumors 6502

15. theBigD23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Please go to www.apple.com/feedback and let Apple know. It actually is more frustrating than people would think.

16. Digital-X, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011

Digital-X macrumors newbie

Digital-X

Same issue here. Well, i've done my part and submited feedback about the issue. Hope this gets fixed soon, this thing is really bugging me:mad:

17. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

Same issue, newest iTunes, Mac Mini Core2Duo and OS X Lion. Very annoying. I submitted feedback, hope more people do the same.

18. theBigD23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I upgraded my MacBook Air and I do not have the issue on that system. My main system is the one with the problem.

19. idjeff macrumors newbie

Same issue. It only happens with me when viewing my entire music library and scrolling in there. Not with an individual playlist.:(

This is with an '08 aluminum macbook 13" running 10.7.2

20. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

It works fine as long as I allow the inertia to play itself out before swiping again on my system. But ya if I'm swishing along at 90 mph without a break and then switch directions, it throws iTunes into a death spiral tail spin.:eek:

21. aygie macrumors regular

Same here, for me it started happening when I signed up to iTunes Match.

EDIT: And it doesn't happen at all when scrolling through playlists.

22. wanderwide macrumors newbie

I have the same problem, but only only on my iMac. I don't have it on the smaller screen of my MacBook Pro. I have reported the issue to Apple.

23. theBigD23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I only have a couple of playlists that are long enough to scroll, but I also have the issue on those lists as well. Does it work in playlists for everyone?

24. colinwil macrumors regular

I get this too - but only if I have the iCloud Download column visible in the display (the one that shows a little 'cloud' symbol). Both on my iMac (which isn't iCloud match enabled) and my Macbook Pro - which is.

In other words:

* I right-click the column header and check the iCloud Download entry. Scrolling is now a mess when I scroll with my Magic Mouse or my Trackpad. It seems to remember too many mouse movements so if I scroll up, then down then up again they don't cancel each other out, but instead play one after the other - almost as if a ghost is playing wit the scrollbars!

* If I right-click the column header and un-check the iCloud Download entry, the scrolling is back to normal. A bit laggy maybe - but it doesn't 'buffer up' all the movements

25. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

I have a different mac here on OS 10.5 running iTunes 10.5.1 and I can't replicate this scrolling fault on it either with my magic trackpad or the kensington trackball/wheel. I am not goint to update it to 10.5.2 until Apple does something. iTunes 10.5.2 also lost a lot of my music files and can not relocate them.. I had to revert to the cloud to get at all my songs back in my library and playable.