iTunes 10.5 beta 2 for Windows: Because there's no specific forum for it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Prodo123, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Prodo123, Jun 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011

Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

Here's my biggest pet peeves with iTunes 10.5.0.45 x64 for Windows:
    1. No wi-fi sync...but this is going to be released soon!
    2. Adding files. Around 1/5 of the files I add have permission problems, solved by a restart of iTunes. Extremely annoying, considering I'm editing 400+ songs' tags.
    3. Sync server. Crashes all the time, slows startup by 3 minutes.
    4. Determining Audio Volume when adding files.
    5. Incorrect maximum window size! Windows Snap to one side doesn't do this, though.

iTunes 10.5.0.45 x32
    1. Slow syncing, especially with apps, but this problem is made harmless with the ability to use the phone during syncs.

If you have any other problems with the WINDOWS version of iTunes 10.5 beta 2, please tell us your version of iTunes (32- or 64-bit) and your problems!

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Yes their is,
    www.devforums.apple.com/

Don't tell us, tell Apple

www.bugreport.apple.com/

3. shandyman Suspended

It'll be in final release, be patient, it's still 2 and a half months til release, they're obviously testing it in the mac version only for now, we windows users will probably be getting it in beta 3.

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

5. shandyman Suspended

wow, you really are just trolling any thread that has a mention of beta to hate on aren't you.... nice contribution...:rolleyes:

6. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Nice Contribution :rolleyes:

;)

7. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

:d

8. shandyman Suspended

i already contributed to the thread above that :p just getting fed up of a certain couple of people trolling the beta threads just to insult, talk down on, or just be very unhelpful.

people always do betas to try stuff out, it's just the way of the world these days. if people really don't like it, just steer clear of the beta threads, macrumors forum used to be a place for people to help other people as well as discuss apple related stuff, but lately it's just not the case and it's disappointing.

anyway, that's my thoughts and i'm just putting the people that have nothing better to do than trolling the beta threads on my ignore list.

9. Prodo123, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011

Prodo123 thread starter macrumors 68020

Prodo123

DFTT, PLEASE. And please try to stay on topic. When I said "Because there's no specific forum for it", I meant on MacRumors. Often times Apple's forums are complete biased bs.
    Plus, you guys have a much better sense of humor. Except trolls. I hate trolls.

10. jplusc macrumors 6502a

for me everything works okay except syncing apps with my phone. When I type in the app name it is crazy slow (literally like 10+ seconds between each character showing up in the search box). I am running it on a super old PC so it may just be me but previous versions of itunes performed much better (for as good as itunes runs anyhow). I am on a 32 bit windows 7 machine.

11. Prodo123 thread starter macrumors 68020

Prodo123

That would definitely be your slow computer. But iTunes searches are also slow for me occasionally, and is known for its lag on Windows. The app sync seems to be a problem, though. Try closing background tasks and see if that helps.

12. tchirou, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011

tchirou macrumors newbie

I have a pretty powerful 1-year-old computer and the beta 2 is amazingly slowing the whole thing. iTunes.exe is using 20 to 30% of the dual core.

Ticking the apps is in true slow motion...

Edit : Well, instead of ticking, it's better to manually select the apps with the ctrl button in the apps section of the library and drag and drop onto the iPhone on the left colum of iTunes. Way faster !