iTunes 10.5 Dev Beta for Windows 7 x64

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by XJ55, Jun 7, 2011.

1. XJ55 macrumors newbie

I have installed the beta for Windows x64 on my pc with Windows 7 x64. It appeared to install fine, but when I try to run it, it doesn not run. I see on Task Manager that the process starts with *32 and then stops. How can I fix this?

2. XJ55 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have installed it on the administrator account and it works and that account, but if I run it on my User Account I have the same problem I explained before... How can I solve this problem? Is there a solution or I must use the Administrator account?

3. TheWelshBoyo macrumors 6502

This is odd as I am not able to get it to load either, yet I have installed it in the administrator account, whilst using the "Run as administrator" setting on both the install .exe file AND the actual installed file.

4. XJ55 thread starter macrumors newbie

You have to use THE REAL administrator account, which you can unlock by typing in the command prompt ( run as administrator): net users administrator /active:yes

Here is a guide: http://translate.google.it/translat...o-lutente-administrator-di-windows-7/&act=url

Anyway I still need help... I cannot use the administrator account as the main account, since I have no file in it. Thanks

5. rjgw macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem. Sometimes you also see MSIExec.exe in threads. I think it's trying to finalise the installation but can't. The MSIExec thread is waiting for a user response.

It works fine in other user accounts. Just not the one I want to use iTunes with.

It's late and I've spent hours on this. Hope someone finds a solution.

6. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

It's working for me in Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Here is what I did. Some of it might be overkill but after reading the problems you guys had, I didn't want to take any chances.

1. Logged into the Administrator account
    2. Uninstalled iTunes and Quicktime from the Control Panel
    3. Right clicked the iTunes exe file and "Run as Administrator"
    4. After the install, I right clicked the desktop icon and "Run as Administrator"
    5. After iTunes opened, I closed it.
    6. Logged off the Admin account
    7. Logged into my regular profile
    8. Right clicked the iTunes desktop icon and "Run as Administrator"
    9. Library updated and it's working fine

Hope this helps. Good luck.

7. rjgw macrumors newbie

Just tried that and, despite it working in the administrator account, it doesn't work in my account.

The odd thing is following the user-specific troubleshooting from apple doesn't fix it either (trying to create a new itunes library, removing plug ins etc). I've also tried renaming apple related folders in the user account folders. Just opens and closes again, no error. :(

8. TheWelshBoyo macrumors 6502

I tried this and sadly it didn't work.
    I've just scrubbed my registry of all iTunes and QuickTime references.
    Will see if that does the trick and post back if it does.

9. rjgw macrumors newbie

Did it work Mr Boyo? I really don't want to have to create a new profile :mad: