Resolved iTunes 10.5 Dev Beta for Windows - Problems?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NightFox, Jun 7, 2011.

1. NightFox, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011

NightFox macrumors 68020

NightFox

I've just tried installing the new iTunes 10.5 Beta (currently only available to developers) on two different Windows machines (both 32-bit Windows 7), and neither of them seem to work. Both appeared to install fine, but when I try and run them I just get a quick spinner and then nothing - not a crash, they just don't seem to want to run. Anyone else experiencing similar problems yet?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Where did you get this iTunes 10.5 beta for Windows from? The only one I see on the developer portal is for the Mac. If you didn't download it from the developer portal I suspect you have downloaded an infected file...

3. NightFox thread starter macrumors 68020

NightFox

Yes, it's a bit hidden:

http://developer.apple.com/icloud/downloads/

4. NightFox thread starter macrumors 68020

NightFox

Think I've sorted it - needed to be installed within an Admin account. Installing it as an Admin from within a "normal" user account didn't seem to work. Glad to see the iTunes programmers really understand the basics of Windows accounts!

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

6. Decked macrumors member

Thanks for the link! I was wondering where that was..... :)

7. TheWelshBoyo macrumors 6502

Hmmm...
    I am still having problems with it.
    It's still not loading for me, even when installed using the admin account and installed with "Run as administrator".

8. NightFox thread starter macrumors 68020

NightFox

Try removing the previous installation first (and QuickTime) from the Admin account. Also try running it from the Admin account once it's installed before trying to run it from a normal user account.

9. TheWelshBoyo macrumors 6502

Hmm...
    It loads on the hidden administrator account on my Win7 x64 laptop, but not on my main (also administrator) account.
    It loads fine in this, but does the spinner, loads iTunes.exe *32 as normal, then quits. It just disappears from Task Manager's processes tab.

10. lordbyron macrumors newbie

same problem. but I've Win 7 x32.
    I've tried everything :confused:

11. TheWelshBoyo macrumors 6502

12. bluesy macrumors newbie

I have tried so many things, and i can get 10.5 working on my wim7 64bit, nut unfortunally only on one user, and that is not the one that is used for iTunes.

I have 3 users, admin (mine), iTunes and wife and only the wife account is not admin (usualy the iTunes arent either, but i wanted to make sure that wasnt a problem).

When starting iTunes on the iTunes user, it closes after 1-2 sec, while the admin account it works flawless.

Its installed in the default directory, but i have tried all the tips, pointing the install to 64bit, changin away from default library, restarts and much more, but all with the same result.

Anyone has an idea?

13. DFC005 macrumors newbie

I've got the same problem. I've installed iTunes 10.5 on Windows 7 and it just won't open.

Created a new admin account and tried installing it there and it works fine but that's not practical.

Any ideas?

14. rjgw macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem with 10.5 and 64bit. Works in other user accounts, not in the one I want to use it with :(

15. DFC005 macrumors newbie

Finally got it working. Required me to uninstall itunes and all other Apple software. Run a few registry cleaners and also go through the registry manually deleted any reference to iTunes.

Then re-install iTunes 10.5 Beta and bingo, it works! Installing iOS 5 now.

16. TheWelshBoyo macrumors 6502

I can confirm that this worked for me too, except I also removed all references to QuickTime in the registry AND installed from the hidden Administrator account.

17. heloworld macrumors newbie

does it work on xp, if you remove some reg files?can you explain step by step ? 0-o lol:) thank you in advance :)

18. stewie7669 macrumors member

I installed, dont seem to have the issue with it not loading, but it will not see my ipad... running iOS 5 Beta 2. The mac version sees it just fine and will sync either tethered or via wifi. Zip on the windows version.

Anyone else having this issue?

19. NASHZX10R macrumors newbie

iTunes 10.5 Beta 6 Windows 32 bit (Vista)

Hi,

I know that you guys have experienced these issues a couple of months ago, but I have downloaded 10.5 Beta 6 windows 32 bit and I'm now having the same problem?

I've tried a couple of the fixes that you have said but to no avail. My iTunes still won't open and just looks like it's going to then doesn't.

Any ideas?

Cheers

20. empen macrumors newbie

I recently had issues downloading itunes 10.5 it kept saying i had to go to the website and download it before i could update my iphone.
    However ive managed to do it, i opened my itunes and went on 'Advanced and the 'Check for updates and it worked that way, hope this helps