Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AmberleHolly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
I have an iPhone 4 and I wanted to update to the iOS5 but I have to update my iTunes to the newest version. Now my iTunes freezes any time my phone is connected. I cannot sync my phone and I decided to just try to do the update but after it was done downloading the update it started to do the phone backup and stayed on the backup progress bar for over 45 mins when I decided to just give up. Before that I had tried syncing my phone over 10 times and each time it froze. I had to use the task manager to close iTunes because it wouldn't close. I have tried to repair iTunes with no luck. I don't have my music backed up anywhere so I don't want to uninstall iTunes, plus I don't want to lose my old phone backups (most recent last week) in case something goes wrong in the update. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know of a fix?

mathiasbb12

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
OMG! Same problem!

So I download the iTunes update, and then update my iPod Touch to iOS 5 and this crazy thing happened! I got a stupid error when trying to sync it! It's really irritating me. Every time I plug it in, iTunes freezes up and/or I get a sync error. How do I fix this?? iOS 5 looked cool, but for me, it's been ruined.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.