iTunes 10.5 Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by OneMorningLeft, Oct 11, 2011.

1. OneMorningLeft macrumors newbie

Okay I know this is in the wrong section I don't know where else to put this so I am putting it here.

Okay so i updated to iTunes 10.5 and now all the audio I have downloaded on the internet is all "scrachy" and "unlistanable" Kinda hard to explain the sound but yea.. I tried everything from rebooting my computer, reinstalling iTunes, etc... but still no luck. But the thing is the songs I have purchased play fine :confused:

Anyone got any fixes on this problem?
    Maybe I will just call Apple tomorrow.

2. Roy G Biv macrumors 6502

Roy G Biv

"All the audio I have downloaded on the internet"? Do you mean podcasts? What internet source? Since updating, I put a few podcasts onto my 4g iTouch, but then could do so no longer. Something about the files being unreadable or untransferable.

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Let's see, the content you paid for works. That MUST be an iTunes problem.

Rip it from your own CD and buy the stuff you like (instead of stealing).

4. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Funny, but I'm pretty sure pirated content benifits Apple more than it doesn't. I mean, how much does it cost to fill an iPod legally? $5000? $10000?

Of course, it could be legal, creative commons licensed songs too.

5. OneMorningLeft thread starter macrumors newbie

But I updated iTunes on my other computer which is a Windows 7 and the audio works fine on that.

6. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

7. mattg3 macrumors 6502

So its only stuff you downloaded on internet and not your own ripped cds?I have 8 GS of my own ripped cds in my Mac and will soon be putting it on mobile device.Hopefully the Itunes update will not ruin my ripped cd sound.I get it that Apple wants us to buy from Itunes but to ruin the sound on our own ripped cds is just not acceptable.

8. OneMorningLeft thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay so apparently only MP4 files work now not MP3 files. Weird.

9. reale5t macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. Songs from the store work perfectly fine but songs that aren't are horrible.

----------

Songs work fine on a different media player, but no other media player syncs to iOS devices.

10. OneMorningLeft thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess if there is no fix I will have tot either call Apple tomorrow or just wait until iTunes 10.6..

11. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Just because iTunes doesn't play the files properly doesn't mean iTunes damaged the files.

12. transmaster macrumors 6502

transmaster

Wow there is a real need of the proper information here. From what I am reading you are trying to open a codex iTunes will not play. iTunes will play MP3 but there is at least 5 flavors I can think of. The one iTunes will play is MP3 Lame. What you need to do is convert your MP3 music tracks to this format. To all of you with PC's the converter I have used for many, many years is dBpoweramp Music Converter http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm
    This converter will convert any codex to any other codex. The Batch converter will take huge files, even whole HDD's and convert them very quickly because it takes advantage of multi core CPU's using each core processor to convert a file, so it will do 2 at once, 4 at once etc.

13. OneMorningLeft, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

OneMorningLeft thread starter macrumors newbie

14. numberonefreak macrumors newbie

uhh

It won't work for me and i have windows 7. As described by another user I also have the same problem. IT'S UNLISTENABLE! AND IT'S MY RIPPED CD MUSIC TOO!! if Itunes is doing this for their own personal joke or trying to make us BUY all of our music from them that's bull... I buy it, just not from them

15. numberonefreak macrumors newbie

me again

the radio isn't working. ACEradio-90's Alternative is doing the same exact thing. Itunes needs to fix this fast!:mad:

16. MeMe01 macrumors newbie

Music Problem

I had a problem playing music after the iOS5 update. Nothing played.

Windows XP Pro with ipod touch 4 iOS 5 and itunes 10.5.0.142.
    The way I fixed it.

1. backup all in the itunes directory in case you screw up.
    2. Hope you did step 1. Delete all music from itunes.
    3. Restart itunes and resync until music is removed from your ipod.
    4. Drag drop all music back into itunes then resync to apply to ipod.

17. numberonefreak macrumors newbie

18. MeMe01 macrumors newbie

I'm just say what worked for me. Need more people to test on other devices and platforms for more feedback.

Just make sure you back up your stuff before attempting.