iTunes 10.6 Crashes

Discussion in 'macOS' started by illegalprelude, Mar 7, 2012.

1. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Hey everyone, after all the fun announcements of today, I did what I usually don't do, which is to download new software updates. Now, my i7 iMac with 10.6.8 crashes every time on startup with a 'iTunes quit unexpectedly' error which I can then send to Apple.

Anybody else experiencing this? I've already rebooted my machine but that didn't help.

2. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

Checking Console for errors should be the first step in solving any Mac OS X issue.
    Can you tell us the error message on Console? We might be able to figure out the cause of the crash.

3. illegalprelude, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012

illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

I was actually able to solve my issue. A reboot, Repair Permissions and I'm up and running. Others are however not nearly as lucky. A big discussion on Apple's own board:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/17786462#17786462

Update:
    Other parts seem temperamental at best. Was updating my iPhone 3GS which serves as an iPod Touch with iOS 5.1 and now, that won't load properly. Keep getting "iTunes could not restore iPhone 3GS because an error occurred"

4. Roy G Biv macrumors 6502

Roy G Biv

Let's try to be more constructive. Bizarrely, iTunes only crashes on me with music and podcasts when I have the album art grid layout selected, and it crashes near instantaneously when so (I conclude causation). Otherwise, it appears stable...

But the stable text layouts are an abhorrence!