iTunes 10.7 RANT

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by yOyOYoo, Sep 21, 2012.

1. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

:mad: My macbook is a little outdated. I purchased it in 2008 when Apple first introduced the unibody aluminum macbooks. It's running Mac OS X 10.5.8. Has a 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor. It gets the job done.

I never upgraded the operating system because I've been fine with OS X 10.5.8.

Now I just found out I can't sync my new iPhone 5 with my macbook without first upgrading the OSX software!! My OS X version won't allow me to download iTunes 10.7, which is necessary to sync with iPhone 5.

Strange, my iPhone 4 with iOS6 synced just fine without issue.

It absolutely KILLS me to know that people running old school windows laptops and computers can download the new iTunes to work with their iPhone 5s, but I cannot. :mad:

I guess I have to go to the Apple store after work to reluctantly upgrade my operating system. :mad::mad::mad:

2. hayatojin macrumors newbie

Just chiming in to say that you have absolutely no valid reason to not have upgraded to 10.6. I'm posting from a Macbook white late 2006, running 10.6.8.

3. yOyOYoo thread starter macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

I'm only currently using the Macbook to browse the web. That's it. Does Mac OS X 10.6.8 do this better than than OS X 10.5.8? :rolleyes:

All I'm saying is that for my needs, I didn't think I needed to pay more to upgrade my operating system. Apple has now given me a forced reason to do this with iTunes 10.7.

4. bubaglobalj macrumors newbie

I'm in the same boat as you. pretty much exact same story. Don't bother going by the macstore they don't sell the os system there, as they consider this too outdated. You can buy it from their 1-800 number though, it cost me 19.99, so its not too bad. But yeah it's a pain in the ass that they do this to us :D

5. calumca macrumors newbie

Itunes 7 on Mac Mini (Mid 2007)

I also tried to sync my iPhone with my Mac Mini, downloaded iTunes 7 but it requires OSX 10.6.8 or later. However cannot install this on my Mac Mini as says it is too old - it is a Mid 2007 Mac Mini. Help, anyone!