ITunes 10 and Firmware 4.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wmaes47, Oct 26, 2010.

1. wmaes47 macrumors newbie

I believe that Apple has final control on loading movies to my Gen 2 and Gen 4 Ipod Touch using the newest firmware and ITunes software, but I don't know which one is controlling.

I have not been able to load movies on the 2nd Gen with Firmware 4.1 for the last week leading me to believe that something had happened to the unit. I restored the 2nd Gen and reloaded the newest ITouch 10 software and still the movies are not loading.

Today I purchased a new 4th Gen Ipod Touch with the latest firmware and used ITunes 10... Movies will not load.

I called and talked with Apple support and was promptly told that "we can not give support to loading movies that were not purchased from Apple"...

Apple now has control and wants a piece of the action of everything.

The loading of mp4 movies has never been an issue prior to Firmware 4.1 and ITunes 10.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

2. dave1812dave macrumors 6502a

I'm sticking with itunes 9.x

have you tried using VLC to copy movies (and play them) to your touch?? Just got the app today!! works great.

You still have to use itunes, but you go to the APPS tab of your touch and click on VLC, then click ADD and browse to the movie file you want to load.

3. burgundyyears macrumors 6502

Handbraked MP4's work fine for me.

4. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

Control (right) click on the movie and select "Convert to iPod..."