iTunes 10 and PPC Mac 10.4

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pilot1226, Dec 28, 2011.

1. pilot1226 macrumors 6502a

pilot1226

Running OS 10.4.11 Tiger and can't updated to the latest version of iTunes because it requires 10.5.

I'm pretty sure 10.5 requires an intel-based processor.

So, without upgrading, I can't ever download something off of iTunes again from my laptop.

Is there a way around this?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

iTunes 9.X can still access and download things from the iTunes Store. Leopard does run on PPC Macs, but only G4's and G5's. It should run well on your iBook as long as it has lots of ram.

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Do you need iTunes 10.5? MacOS X 10.4.11 supports iTunes up to iTunes 9.2.1. This will allow you to download and play virtually any song, movie, or TV show available at the iTunes Music Store. You may purchase and download any iOS app. You may also download the free update to any iOS app. However, it does not support iOS 4 or later or the devices that require iOS 4 or later. This includes all iPads and the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. Ironically, you cannot install apps on iOS 4 or higher even though you may download them at will.

4. pilot1226 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pilot1226

Well from what I can see inside iTunes right now, when I click on the iTunes Store button, I get nothing but "Download iTunes 10.5 now" screen and a link to download it. But, I don't meet the system requirements because it requires Leopard. Couldn't get off that screen in the Store tab.

I'll try again in a few minutes and see what I can come up with.

I'll look and see if I can even FIND a copy of Leopard anywhere. I remember looking last summer and it was very difficult.

5. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Go to preferences and uncheck "Check for software updates automatically"?