Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonsuh

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
I was asked to install iTunes 10 on someone's computer running Vista. I ran the full install, launched iTunes 10, and it immediately crashes with CoreFoundation.dll error.

I then I tried uninstall every Apple-related software and tried reinstalling, still no go.

I used 7-Zip to extract all the install files from the iTunes install package. I tried installing each separate and came to the conclusion it was the Apple Application Support. Everytime I try to install it, it goes all the way and then crashes with a weird matrix_blahblah error (I apologize, I'll get the correct error for you tomorrow).

Did anyone else encounter this? I tried everything, even replacing the CoreFoundation.dll file and registering it with regsvr32.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
I was asked to install iTunes 10 on someone's computer running Vista. I ran the full install, launched iTunes 10, and it immediately crashes with CoreFoundation.dll error.

I then I tried uninstall every Apple-related software and tried reinstalling, still no go.

I used 7-Zip to extract all the install files from the iTunes install package. I tried installing each separate and came to the conclusion it was the Apple Application Support. Everytime I try to install it, it goes all the way and then crashes with a weird matrix_blahblah error (I apologize, I'll get the correct error for you tomorrow).

Did anyone else encounter this? I tried everything, even replacing the CoreFoundation.dll file and registering it with regsvr32.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

This is an Apple apps on Apple computers forum. Somebody may wander in that knows what to do with a misbehaving dll, but you would be better off going to Apple support directly for help with this. Itunes is not something I'm very happy with. Every install gets bigger and bigger and slower and slower and I'm on a Mac. I can only imagine what it must be like on Windows :eek:. While I've heard iTunes on Windows is pretty bad, I've not heard of the kind of issue you are experiencing. A quick trip to google "itunes corefoundation.dll" referred me to the following apple support article. Basically they say uninstall and reinstall iTunes. Try to imagine Clint Eastwood as you run the install... "Do you feel lucky? Well do ya?"

jonsuh

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
This is an Apple apps on Apple computers forum. Somebody may wander in that knows what to do with a misbehaving dll, but you would be better off going to Apple support directly for help with this. Itunes is not something I'm very happy with. Every install gets bigger and bigger and slower and slower and I'm on a Mac. I can only imagine what it must be like on Windows :eek:. While I've heard iTunes on Windows is pretty bad, I've not heard of the kind of issue you are experiencing. A quick trip to google "itunes corefoundation.dll" referred me to the following apple support article. Basically they say uninstall and reinstall iTunes. Try to imagine Clint Eastwood as you run the install... "Do you feel lucky? Well do ya?"

Thx for the input, but I've already tried that. Sometimes Apple support forums are great. Other times, they're worthless.

I attached the error that I was getting. After over an hour of troubleshooting, I narrowed it down to it being a .NET issue. Highly considering wiping the whole system. Did everything from trying to install all the .NET frameworks but 3.5 and 4 fail. Even tried .NET fix utilities, which didn't work either.

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 226

patriciabigelow

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2011
Solution to fix CoreFoundation.dll error message.

Although this error was posted by jonsuh on Sep 20, 2010 and his problem might has been solved by now, still I am providing a perfect solution to this problem as I am very happy with this solution.

Here is the solution to fix the error message:

This type of .dll error message occurs when CoreFoundation.dll file is corrupted or not properly installed. To fix CoreFoundation.dll error message, download the missing CoreFoundation.dll file from the link provided below and put the downloaded file in windows System32 folder.
http://dllcentral.com/CoreFoundation.dll/1.434.6/download/
Now you may need to restart your pc to make the changes effective. Good luck. ;)

ShionoyaTamaki

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2011
Although this error was posted by jonsuh on Sep 20, 2010 and his problem might has been solved by now, still I am providing a perfect solution to this problem as I am very happy with this solution.

Here is the solution to fix the error message:

This type of .dll error message occurs when CoreFoundation.dll file is corrupted or not properly installed. To fix CoreFoundation.dll error message, download the missing CoreFoundation.dll file from the link provided below and put the downloaded file in windows System32 folder.
http://dllcentral.com/CoreFoundation.dll/1.434.6/download/
Now you may need to restart your pc to make the changes effective. Good luck. ;)

I keep getting corefoundation.dll error when watching videos in itunes. It doesn't happen immediately seems like it takes 10-15minute of video play before it crashes.

WinXP sp3 + iTunes 10

gSko4.png

SaIFI.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.