Itunes 10 crashing (Iphone apps tab)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Frenchjay, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

My new itunes crashes when trying to access the apps tab when my iphone syncs. Anyone else getting this?

2. Jerms5Io macrumors member

I thought I was the only one with the persisting problem.

3. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

we're 3 now.

iPad is fine.

I have the 1st screen on iPhone empty, and the previous version of iTunes used to remove it if I try to arrange apps in it. I wonder if empty screen has something to do with the crash.

4. mikejd1 macrumors 6502

5. Jerms5Io macrumors member

From what I've read around the net, it's affecting jailbroken iPhones. Also the Cydia apps: infinidock and infinifolders seems to to culprits. I have infinifolders installed and I think it's not worth trading over for app management on iTunes.

6. Docrjm macrumors regular

Crashing

iTunes 10 is crashing every time I attempt to sync my unlocked iPhone 4. It is factory unlocked and purchased from apple. It gets as far as telling me how much music needs to be synced then crash.
    Tried reinstalling iTunes 10 to no avail. Attempted to call apple support, but after 40 mins on permahold I had to go to work.
    Not impressed

7. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

This is happening to me now. Every time I hit the "Apps" tab iTunes crashes. I've tried restarting my MB Pro but I get the same result.

Anyone find a solution? What to do?

8. aurelmarius macrumors newbie

same problem here.

LE: Disabling Infinifolders Addon from SBSettings fixed the problem.

9. Frenchjay thread starter macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I have found a way to add an app to the phone without it crashing. You have to access the apps tab from the sidebar and select an app from there. Drag the selected app onto your phone icon in the sidebar! That is the only way if found that works at the moment.

10. Kar98 macrumors 6502a

non-issue! we disagree! stay tuned! we have previously totally miscalculated what "crash" actually means!

11. BlairRep macrumors newbie

no apps!

i had the same problem... was able to access every tab except apps. iTunes would beach ball (shocker) for a second and then unexpectedly quit. I had one home screen with zero icons and everything kept in folders in the dock. Took an app out of a folder and put it on the first page and problem solved! I guess iTunes X doesn't like the blank home screen condition - hope this works for other people.

12. 1stalban macrumors member

In my case, your suggestion solved my problem with this issue! Had the one "blank" screen, moved an app to it, sync'd and was able to access the Apps tab. Thanks for the temporary fix! :)

13. rchallenger macrumors newbie

why does my itunes crash when i hit the app tab

i had this same problem.
    after a little research, i figured it out.
    1. go to itunes
    2. in itunes click on the Apps icon under LIBRARY
    3. update all apps
    4. sync iphone and (problem solved!!!)

14. SogeKing macrumors newbie

This worked for me thanks