iTunes 10 Home Sharing Broken???

Discussion in 'iPod' started by merneric, Sep 12, 2010.

1. merneric macrumors member

Ok, it might just be me, cause after a lot of googling I cant seem to find much info on this...

Prior to the new iTunes 10 update, I had Home Sharing going between multiple itunes accounts. It was awesome. I could log onto each of my family members itunes libraries, and I could copy and drag songs, TV shows, movies, and even apps at will back to my own library.

Now, iTunes will let me log on, display, and play these things, but I can no longer copy and drag them to my own library, and thus onto my own devices.

Anyone else see MAJOR changes with home sharing in this version?

2. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

It's just you.

You have "iTunes Sharing" on, not "Home Sharing." Go to Advanced and turn on Home Sharing.

Of course, this would all be more obvious if Apple hadn't took the colors away in the sidebar (blue for iTunes Sharing, yellow for Home Sharing).

3. merneric thread starter macrumors member

Ok wow. Do I feel like an idiot! Yeah it was "just me" all right...lol. I forgot that each share account has to have the SAME user account, which is very clearly stated in the home share activation screen. Once I did that everything was back to normal. Well, except for the dull grey back ground on the sidebars of iTunes 10...but that's a separate issue.

Anyway, thanks for the response, and sorry to have wasted the bandwidth on this one.