itunes 10 hybrid mode is insulting

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sillymac, Sep 2, 2010.

1. sillymac macrumors newbie

seriously hybrid mode is complete and utter crap. in the previous itunes you could easily edit your album artwork to whatever size you like in list mode, and you could remove the album name column if you wanted....so basically apple made a 'new' mode by showing folks a crappy and limited way they always could do something. not very apple.

2. chedda macrumors 6502

Yeah !!

I agree 100% i have given feedback i suggest we bombard them with this problem. Ping was efffectively useless for me as i do not use the store (prefer hard CD copy) the interface is m'kay but the winner is the snappyness which i really feel !

3. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

While you can't resize the artwork, you can easily remove the album name column by dragging the column all the way to the left so that it shows only the artwork and nothing else. You can also choose to always show artwork to revert it back to look like the old viewmode instead of "hybrid" by choosing View -> Always Show Artwork.

I seriously don't get what is so different about it other than it not showing the artwork for songs in the list that aren't grouped up with an album. That seems like a much needed change because there was tons of wasted space before in that viewmode. It's actually a useful viewmode now.

4. chedda macrumors 6502

Size

My problem is the artwork size in hybrid mode 130 pixels is not large on any monitor especially my dual 30'; screens ! It seems a very ineffecient use of available space with huge white expanses. I WANT THE ARTWORK TO SCALE as it did previously.

5. AeroBar macrumors 6502a

sillymac, you are easily offended. have you always been so sensitive? :rolleyes:

the name "sillymac" and the fact that you are new makes it obvious that you are only here to moan.

do you have nothing better to do? :p

6. Jeevs bost macrumors newbie

Man I absolutely HATE the way the new iTunes displays artwork, or maybe I should say, doesn't display artwork. The tiny new thumbnails are c**p.

Really miss the ability to make the artwork whatever size I want it to be, I really wish Apple would bring this back, it seems a really backward step to me.:confused:

7. chedda macrumors 6502

Feedback

Striving to bring the best personal computing experience to consumers around the world through its innovative hardware and software, Apple welcomes your feedback.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

8. Melanotis macrumors newbie

Melanotis

Wait huh?

I missed something. Does sillymac seem offended? I'm newly registered too despite using the forums for years. I didn't really have much reason to until I wanted to add my perspective (a usability issue) to the discussion and I figured it was high time I joined the community since I'd visited so often.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong. But maybe I somehow missed a post on my small iPhone screen, I don't see how sillymac seems offended.

9. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

Is that so ? ;)

Attached Files:

10. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

I never liked iTunes, but this new version is pretty much the pinnacle of the corporate bloatware. I only use two functions of it - I download a few podcasts and I occasionally synchronise my iPhone. That's it, I could even do without the latter.

I still miss Winamp, 6 or 7 years after the last time I used it.

11. gorby macrumors 6502

I would like to be able to move the name/title below the album art. And also keep it from displaying the ratings. I don't use them anyway so I have all these dots showing for no reason.

(there's probably a way to do these things I just haven't figured out)

Not that it matters anyway, Coverflow does it for me.

12. UpDownAeroplane macrumors member

you can turn off the ratings by going to "view" > "view options" and unchecking "ratings".
    :D

13. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

That's the view option for the columns, there's no option to turn off the rating dots that are under the artist name in hybrid view.

14. AeroBar macrumors 6502a

Read the title of the thread.