iTunes 10 removing Album by Artist Column

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rockstar0121, Sep 3, 2010.

1. rockstar0121 macrumors newbie

I just downloaded the new itunes 10, and the first thing I noticed was the "album by artist" column under the music library. I don't like it at all. I want to remove it, but I can't!!!! I'm not talking about the "album artist" column. This is totally new with the iTunes 10. When I try to remove it by, it only gives me the option of sort and artwork. This is frustrating. Any suggestions?

2. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Click on the column header and it will cycle through 'Album', 'Album by Artist' and 'Album by Artist/Year'.

Or to remove the column entirely click 'View' - 'View Options' and check/uncheck whichever columns you want displayed.

3. mcnicks macrumors regular

You can switch to the old column view using the buttons on the top part of the window.

4. CPEBach macrumors newbie

Same problem

I have the same problem with ITunes 10. I can't remove the 'album by artist' column via the 'view' tab or via the 'column browser.' This is a dreadful innovation. Apple obviously doesn't understand that for many ITunes users (eg listeners of classical music or audio books), 'artist' isn't a useful category for sorting tracks.

5. IthXero macrumors newbie

Just go to view and select "As List" (ctrl+shift+3). It fixes it. Or at least it did for me.

6. jpeterman macrumors newbie

Solved!

Thank you so much! The Album by Artist column is awful and caused me to hate iTunes 10 when I thought that it was a permanent fixture!