iTunes 10 safe for JBer+unlockers!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Carlanga, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

For all of you that are waiting an official answer from the dev team before downloading iTunes 10, here is MuscleNerd twitter on this: :D

"iTunes 10 is safe for JBers+unlockers: DFU mode, syncing, selecting IPSW, all okay (Stay away from 4.1 next week though!)" 29mins ago

http://twitter.com/musclenerd

2. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

great news, unfortunately I've grown to love wi-fi sync and I hear that doesnt work.... so i'm waiting for the dev to hopefully release an update soon.

3. Kayan macrumors 6502

Good news, and I can't see Twitter at work so thanks for the update

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Developer twitted this morning that it was working fine just after a reboot, I don't think any update is coming any time soon.

5. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Apparently there are issues with IconsSupport (FCSB) leading to crashes but still 'safe'

6. nbuubu macrumors regular

Because of those crashes I wouldn't consider iTunes 10 safe. I'm downgrading back to 9.2.1 right now.

Basically if you have any sort of springboard icon tweak, like 5 columns or equivalent, there's a good chance you'll be unable to access the "Apps" tab on your iPhone through iTunes. Disabling those tweaks hasn't solved the iTunes crash for me.

Since I need that tab to transfer files, namely comics, it means I simply can't use iTunes 10. So I don't think it's safe.

Besides, iTunes 10 is ugly as sin. Everything is grayscale, which, in the established OSX visual language, means it's an unavailable resource. So iTunes 10 is not worth the headache, and I'd recommend everyone with a JB phone to skip it.

7. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

Thanks. Definitely skipping, for this and another reason. ;)

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I'm still wondering why 10 doesn't show up as an update. :)

9. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Who said it was an actual update? :p

10. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

My iTunes 10 crashes when I click on the apps tab with the phone connected. I dont know if that's an iTunes glitch or if its something to do with the JB

11. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

couple these issues with the facts that itunes 10 is still written in carbon and is still 32 bit, and there's really nothing to get excited about.

I installed it, but I don't really manage my apps through the app section anyhow. Generally speaking, the performance has improved but was expecting more out of itunes 10 than yet another worthless social network.

12. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

I didn't even think about this... i plugged by JB'd iPad 3.2.1 into iTunes 10 when it was released... had no probs at all...