iTunes 10 Small Album Artwork in Grid View

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by miknos, Sep 3, 2010.

1. miknos, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011

miknos macrumors 6502a

miknos

I prefer the old icon but I understand why they changed it (because they surpassed physical cd sales).
    I prefer the old colorful icons but the new ones (gray) doesn't bother me.
    I prefer the traffic light buttons (close, resize & minimize) the old way (you can change it back thru command line) so it doesn't bother me.

I simply HATE the new album artwork size in the new iTunes 10.

I have ALL my album covers in at least 500x500 px. Now the maximum size is something like 150x150 px.
    To make it worse, the album title, artist and rating (stars) is in the right size instead of bottom.

I can't imagine some engineer at Apple saying "Oh, it looks better this way". WTH!!!

Attached Files:

2. musefreek macrumors member

i have to say i'm not impressed with it either.

what bugs me the most is that there is NO artwork display where you only have 1 or 2 songs under a particular artist. what the hell?

3. Razeus macrumors 601

Ya that bothered me too. That's why I still prefer the Cover Flow layout. This new layout they are pushing is fail. Art work is too small. Doesn't display artwork for singles. I don't think Apple even knows what to do with iTunes any more. Surely this should have been a 9.3 update. This can't be a step up if they are calling it iTunes 10.

4. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

iTunes > View > Always Show Artwork.

5. musefreek macrumors member

thanks for the tip, jolly. will try that tonight when i'm home to see if it fixes it.

6. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

Wait, how did you get the artwork to be larger? Mine is way smaller than that in that view.

Update: nevermind I double checked mine and it's the same.

7. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Just resize the artwork column to get rid of the text and use the saved space for extra info columns.

8. miknos thread starter macrumors 6502a

miknos

Can you explain it better? Sorry, I don't get it.

9. miknos thread starter macrumors 6502a

miknos

Oh I see. Blocking the text (artwork's right) doesn't solve the tiny artwork size. I want to resize the column and make the artwork the size I want.

I believe a hack could be done to solve that problem. Probably changing some parameters in the iTunes.rsrc file inside iTunes.app