iTunes 10 stability?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jent, Oct 13, 2010.

1. jent macrumors 6502a

jent

I'm running iTunes 9.2.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.4, and I was wondering if anyone had updated to iTunes 10? I know 10.0.1 was an update that fixed some issues but I've heard that people have had problems ripping songs from CDs, they've seen old TV shows purchased on iTunes years ago downloading again with no way to truly cancel (it'll just start to download again when you restart iTunes).

I was wondering if you guys who have been on iTunes 10 for a while now have good and/or bad things to say about it.

Apple tends to be quiet in its release notes, so does anyone know the technical changes made? I don't care about Ping or features like that, but I want to know what speed improvements there might be and what bugs were fixed. Does it in any way improve iOS device syncing (ie. quicker synchronizing or backup creation)?

Thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. jent thread starter macrumors 6502a

jent

Hey GGJstudios, thanks for the link. I definitely think it's appropriate to make a dedicate post on the topic after the fact, since people who post in the "iTunes 10 Released" comments do so as an immediate reaction, so it doesn't act as a good vehicle for communicating problems after consistent usage and verification. How's your experience with iTunes 10 (compared to iTunes 9) been?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As I said, there have been many, many threads posted on various aspects of iTunes 10. Posts in the thread I linked include those who have been using it for months, comparing it to iTunes 9. The most recent post there was only a week ago. I'm not suggesting you shouldn't post this thread. I'm just offering additional information sources that address your question.

5. dknightd macrumors 6502

It has been fine for me. Perhaps slightly faster than 9 in some areas.
    I don't use itunes store, except for apps, so can't comment on that.

I understand there is still an outstanding issue for people who
    store their music on an smb server.