iTunes 10 Store no longer working

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Casimono, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Casimono macrumors member

I'm staying with iTunes 10 because I like the interface. Until yesterday, no problem at all. But now, I can't buy any apps anymore in the iTunes Store section. The Store is still there, I can browse, search and preview songs. But when I try to buy a song or an app, I can click the "buy" button, but nothing happens afterwards.

What I already tried: used different iTunes user accounts, for different countries. Also switched to a fresh user account, tried iTunes there, no luck.

Using iTunes 10.7 on Mac OS 10.6.8.

Anybody else having the same issue? Thanks.

2. Casimono, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013

Casimono thread starter macrumors member

3. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

Maybe this isn't what happened in this instance, but at some point I'm sure they'll kill the store for iTunes 10.

Regarding 11, have you played with the settings? I didn't like how it looked as much at first, but it turns out for example that you can restore the sidebar stuff, make it work more like 10. Was kind of obnoxious before I figured that out.

4. Kanunu macrumors 6502

I used to think that posting on Apple's forum would get better answers but it seldom does. The same complaints are there. How much would it take to have Apple employees screen their own forum and provide solutions or at least reasons why?

5. Casimono thread starter macrumors member

That's a good point, thanks.

As of today, it works again. Looks like it was a temporary issue. I'll stay with 10 for a few more months, then ;)