iTunes 10 terminal screw up!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by IGNITION, Sep 2, 2010.

1. IGNITION macrumors newbie

I read in the MacRumors main article about iTunes being available that if you type this code

Code:
    defaults write com.apple.iTunes full-window -1
    then it changes the iTunes button view so that they're no longer verticle, but now horizontal.

Unfortunately this now has the side effect that it removes some other cool features in iTunes 10, such as when you click on album art when a song's playing, it doesn't give you the little song scrubber on the artwork, which I want back.

So does anyone have an undo code? Or solution to revert iTunes back?

EDIT: Worked out the undo code with a bit of trial and error.

Code:
    defaults write com.apple.iTunes full-window -0

2. HarryPot macrumors 6502a

What song scrubber are you talking about? And what other features are removed with this script?

I ask because I also hate the vertical buttons, but don't really want to loose other features when changing this.

thanks.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

In iTunes 10 when you click on the album art in the bottom left hand corner it opens an artwork window with the same styling of QuickTime X, it has a scrubber and controls. Aparently this terminal command (referred to as a script in this thread though it isn't) messes with more than just the odd button placement in iTunes 10.

5. Caleb531 macrumors 6502

Caleb531

The song scrubber feature he means is when you click the album art for a currently playing song (via the little artwork viewer in the corner), the window that appears will have scrubber controls.

Attached Files:

6. HarryPot macrumors 6502a

Strange, it still appears when I apply the command. And so far nothing else seems to have changed.

I'll keep looking for other differences.

EDIT: I think I found out what the problem the OP had is. When the album art you click is not from a playing song, you won't see any controls. Only when the song you are currently playing (or have in pause) will the controls appear.

7. canada eh macrumors regular

Yes HarryPot was right, I applied the code and it worked fine and I tried the song scrubber and it works fine while the song is playing.

Thanks a lot for the code!!

8. pr3smac macrumors newbie

I know alot of people diss like what apple has done to iTunes but personally i like it alot, and was wondering if anyone knew of a way to have the traffic light control buttons in safari or finder vertical as well? thanks!