iTunes 10: Transferring TV shows d/led from iTunes to another computer?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Amnesiac7, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Amnesiac7 macrumors member

Here is the scenario:

I have a few TV episodes I want to transfer from my iMac to another person's MacBook (I'm using Lion, she's using Leopard). How can I do this? We're not currently in the same city, but I will be visiting her city soon. Can I put the TV show episodes onto a USB disc and drop them into her iTunes folder when I see her? Can I transfer them to her over the internet in advance of our meeting? What is the best solution?

2. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

Yes you can transfer the episodes this way. But when you open the episodes for the first time on the other laptop, you will be asked to authorize this content with your itunes store user id because of drm restrictions.

3. wcdamsch macrumors member

Actually I just discovered last night that if you have 2 macs (does not work with IOS devices) on the same home share, you can import movies from a shared library to the destination Mac within Itunes. In the past I had always copied the file from music/itunes/itunes media/movies/title over the network and then dropped it into Itunes on the destination machine.

4. Amnesiac7 thread starter macrumors member

However, in that scenario, don't those two Macs have to be connected to the same internet connection? If my girlfriend and I are in two separate cities, that wouldn't work, right?

5. wcdamsch macrumors member

Yea that is correct. Also you will have to be using the same iCloud and Apple ID, which I guess in your case may cross the line on the legality of it all:(?