iTunes 1013 error won't go away

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Robertoo, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Robertoo macrumors newbie

Hi there,

My iPhone for was on 4.3.3, but because it was acting strange I planned to restore it. I had the SHSH blobs saved in TinyUmbrella, but then iTunes gave me the 1013 error. After some googling, it said that I had to use "sudo nano /etc/hosts" in terminal and edit the file so it looked like this (the bottom part):

##
    # Host Database
    #
    # localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
    # when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.
    ##
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
    ::1 localhost
    fe80::1%lo0 localhost
    #74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    #127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com

So I did, but iTunes still gives me the same error. Am I doing something wrong? I have my phone plugged in, start TinyUmbrella and choose "Start TSS Server". Then I open iTunes and option-click "Restore", choose the right FW file and the process is starting. Unfortunately near the end I get the error.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Any help is welcome.

Oh, and I am on OSX Lion, using iTunes 10.4.

Thanks,

Robert

2. jasvncnt macrumors 6502

I am not sure but maybe it has something to do with something in the advanced settings of TU?

3. Robertoo thread starter macrumors newbie

I was getting too scared that my iPhone was bricked, so I just updated to 4.3.5. Maybe I'll try to downgrade later, but I'll stay on 4.3.5 for the time being.

Thanks anyway!

4. CaptainRandy macrumors newbie

Try Changing TU Settings

I had the same problem. I have 17 shsh on file with Cydia, including 4.3.1 so I decided to upgrade and re-jailbreak. Got stuck in the connect to iTunes loop. Error 1013 every time except the first time. TU would not force an exit from recovery mode either. The 1013 error is caused by TU setting Cydia as host on exit. This has always been OK in the past and is required when moving to a system that is not currently being signed by Apple. I even got 1013 error when trying to go to 4.3.5. I had no choice but to change the TU Advanced settings and unchecked the Set Cydia Host on exit box. This then allows a clean install signed by Apple. I finally have my phone back but not JB nor at a system convenient for JB. Long story but you may have to do what I did. I think Lion may be doing some additional checking for host re-assigment as I never had this problem on my PC. I'm going to try and downgrade to 4.3.1 with TU's TSS server but I'm guessing I'm going to get the same 1013 error. I'll report back if I do because that will confirm a glitch with TU running on Lion.

5. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

After 1013 run fixrecovery !! It's perfectly normal to get 1013 while downgrading /upgrading to a firmware apple isnt signing