Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

notabadname

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 4, 2010
Detroit Suburbs
iTunes 11.0.3, since being installed 4 days ago, will not recognize any of my devices, 2 iPads, an iPod Touch, and 2iPhone 5s. I am running the most current version of 10.8 on my Mac Pro and iOS 6.1.4 on phones and 6.1.3 on other devices. I have powered down and relaunched everything multiple times and tried the devices on multiple user accounts with different USB ports, all,of which cause iPhoto to launch - so I know the connection is good.

Has anyone else had this problem, and perhaps have a suggestion of how to remedy? Thanks.

notabadname

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 4, 2010
Detroit Suburbs
After working with Apple Tech support, the solution ended up being very simple: Download iTunes and reinstall. (as a note, iTunes can not be deleted (at least not easily) in OS 10.8, it will tell you it is required and may not be deleted. Just go to Apple.com and select "iTunes" from the top menu bar. And select the "Download iTunes" option. Then install it after the download is complete. Worked immediately. The Rep, a senior/supervisor, a level up from my first tech, sent the problem to engineering to determine if could be a repeatable problem/bug for others. It was iOS related, as only those type devices (2 iPads, 2 iPhones and an iPod Touch), and not my Nano or Classic, had a problem synching.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.