iTunes 11.1.3 Password Issues in Mavs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Rodster, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Rodster macrumors 68040

Hey guys not sure if this is the right forum. I got my i5 2012 Mac Mini running on Mavs. I have a couple of iPads and both are tied to my account. Here's what's happening in iTunes.

When I bring up iTunes it ask for my password every time and it doesn't accept it. So I can't use iRadio. :(

Am I missing the plot as to something really stupid i'm overlooking? I'm using the same apple id and password that's on my iPad's. I even synced my iPad to my Mac Mini which is strange.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

I apologize, but are you sure caps lock is off?

Have you tried keying in a few characters, then backspacing to clear it? (Just in case something is getting carried over into the password field)..

Entering "return" key instead of pressing the button ?

I keep wishing iTunes had an option to show the password as you type it - then you could see what's happening.

Try a different keyboard?

3. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

Are you confident you're using the right password? You can test it by going to http://appleid.apple.com, click on Manage Your Apple ID, and try to sign in with your Apple ID and password. If it doesn't work, that's a good hint you need to reset your password.

The Apple ID and password is not required when you sync your iPad, nothing strange about it.

4. Rodster thread starter macrumors 68040

Yeah guys definitely using the correct password as it's the same one I use for my iPad's which log in just fine.

Someone else created a thread saying they can't log into iTunes and the password repeats which is exactly what's happening to me.