iTunes 11.1 crashing almost daily, have to force quit

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by imahawki, Oct 9, 2013.

1. imahawki macrumors 6502a

I have a 2011 3.4ghz i7 iMac running ML and starting, as best as I can tell, at the upgrade to 11 or 11.1, my iTunes is just locking up nearly daily. The usual signal is that my kids will say the AppleTV isn't working and I'll go in the den and iTunes won't open so I'll right click and it will say not responding, so I'll force quit. It will then work fine until who knows when, and then it will crash again. It is not quite daily but probably 5 days a week it crashes. And it SEEMS to be happening when no one is even using the computer. I already downloaded 11.1 again and installed it again but this hasn't seemed to make a difference.

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Have you ran Verify Disk in Disk Utility? If that passes OK I'd recommend repairing disk permissions and rebooting system with Enable windows when logging back in being disabled.

Would you be kind enough to give that a whirl for me?

3. imahawki thread starter macrumors 6502a

On the disk where the library is or the internal Mac disk? I have my content on an external drive. I've verified and repaired permission on the Mac drive and that did nothing. Let me try the external one and report back.

I can't verify or repair permissions on the external volume, only on the internal one. I can and did verify and repair the disk (even though the verify said everything was OK).

4. imahawki thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know this is an old thread but I still frequently have Apple TV issues. When I come back to my iMac I inevitably discover that iTunes needs to be restarted and I have to force quit about 90% of the time. It always resolves the problem.