Itunes 11.1 no sound in full screen playback

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Curtispro, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Curtispro macrumors newbie

Hi all, first ever post so go easy on me!!! Updated to 11.1 and my youngest son asked today if he could watch a movie on the mac, I started the movie and switched to full screen and the sound stopped playing, switched back to windowed mode and the sound came back? All worked fine before, any ideas or settings for me to check?

Cheers Jon

2. Nermal, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013

Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It's a widespread bug; I haven't seen a single report of it working correctly for anyone with 11.1. [Edit: There are a couple of reports below]

In the meantime you can right-click, show in Finder, then play the file in QuickTime Player or similar.

3. Curtispro thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I didn't realise it wasn't working full screen, I will use PLEX in the mean time (for my non apple downloads) as thats working fine full screen :)

4. Beecker macrumors member

Beecker

Does it happen when you're watching a movie from the ITunes cloud, or is it from your home movie directory? I'm not having this problem doing either I'm just curious.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Interesting, you're the first person I've seen that's not having this issue. In my case I'm playing local content.

6. Beecker macrumors member

Beecker

Yeah my little girl wanted to watch something today and i put in full screen mode with out an issue. I'm an sorry though that this is happening.

7. Curtispro thread starter macrumors newbie

Its from my movie directory, works fine full screen through QuickTime Player and PLEX, its just iTunes that I am loosing my sound when on full screen, I have restarted my mac and its still not working :confused:

I will have a look if i have any movies in the cloud that are not on my HD and try that.

----------

OK just started a movie in the cloud direct from the iTunes store and in full screen it plays fine with sound, but when i reopen the same movie within iTunes in my library, full screen + no sound, I am baffled !!!!!!

8. g4dualie macrumors newbie

iTunes regulates the system-level audio?

Why is the System-level audio confused? What is triggering this issue? Could it be iOS/OS X restricting audio to any speakers?

Why is it streaming works fine, for products like Apple Keynotes, but audio is cut off when movies in my library play in full-screen?

Right-clicking to reveal in Finder allows us to play our movies in full-screen wonder using any player without issue.

My sense is, this is OS, not iTunes.

9. Bear macrumors G3

I'm not having a problem with audio in full screen in iTunes 11.1 on OS X 10.8.5. This is with video that is local on my computer.

10. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

11. angelitos macrumors newbie

The Same

Ha have the same situation, any ideas?
    Thank you for all
    :O)

12. MCSN macrumors regular

MCSN

i have same problem and 11.1 does not fix

add me to the list macbook pro 17 11.1 iTunes