iTunes 11 is one step away from being iMedia?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by karter16, Dec 2, 2012.

1. karter16 macrumors member

So,

Pretty left field but I was thinking...

iTunes 11 covers all your music stuff (as always)

it is now also getting pretty handy as a media library for videos/movies. Being able to classify video as movies, tv shows, home video, etc. etc. and share that to aTV, idevices, etc.

I wonder whether Apple is likely at any point to add photo library capabilities to iTunes? Seems pretty crazy as it would be cannibalising iPhoto, but it kinda makes sense at some point to have an all in one media platform?

Anyway - that's my random late night thinking for today...

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Didn't it always do this or am I missing something? I have movies, TV shows that it handled well before versino 11

3. jadot macrumors 6502

jadot

Um, it's been doing that for a while.

God, I hope not.

Thanks. Get some sleep.

4. karter16 thread starter macrumors member

Sorry - to be clear, I'm not talking about version 11 specifically. I'm refering more to iTunes moving (over the last few years) from being focussed on music to now being a capable library for movies, tv shows and home video.

I can now, via home sharing, have all my devices access music, movies, tv shows etc. across my network.

In some ways it makes sense for this functionality to extend to photo's also - for viewing on aTV, etc. etc. To have to setup iPhoto merely to provide content to other devices is a bit duplicitous.

----------

Thanks! I slept great :)