iTunes 11?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Osullivan1, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Osullivan1, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012

Osullivan1 macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

With iOS 6, the iPhone 5 and possibly a new iPod touch landing on the 12th, it is hard to believe that Apple (a company proud for being ahead of everyone else in tech) would launch them with a version of iTunes gone 2 years without a major update, and (in my opinion) in dire need of a UI update!

So, since there has been absolutely no rumours or leaks of a new iTunes, I thought I'd ask to see what you guys thought of a new iTunes, and what it should consist of?

I'm hoping it will have a UI update/overhaul, Facebook & Twitter integration and a revamped 'Device Manager' to make it easier & faster to sync your iPods and iOS devices. A revamped store would also be nice :)

Heres a mockup of what I think it should look like (i.e.: iPad like)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think? :)

2. million7 macrumors regular

pretty nice mock ups, I also hope that they update it with a new UI and features. Maybe in the coming days before september 12th, there'll be more rumors about it. I also wonder if they'll change the iTunes icon too.

3. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

Generally there are less leaks and rumours concerning Apple's software because they don't have to send it off to China for manufacturing!

So I wouldn't read to much into that. We might not see a revised iTunes on 12th September, but I would be surprised if we didn't see something by the end of the year.

The thing people often say is that the need to maintain the Windows version is preventing a major overhaul. But I don't see it like that. It is just a technical challenge.

WIth Windows 8 coming, Apple will need to have some plans for iTunes on Windows if they wish to maintain its position in the market.