iTunes 12.0 for Windows?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by iPhone20, Oct 16, 2014.

1. iPhone20 macrumors regular

Sorry for the wrong forum.. I know its iOS forum..
    But does anyone knows iTunes 12.0 is released for windows?
    Apple didnt mentioned it anywhere.. Can anyone confirm?:rolleyes:

2. DMaki650 macrumors 6502

DMaki650

I was wondering the samething.

3. AngusW macrumors 6502

AngusW

4. DMaki650 macrumors 6502

DMaki650

LOL REALLY, iTunes!??!?? That's doesn't make sense at all. When there iTunes page shows PC and Mac.

5. AngusW macrumors 6502

AngusW

That was sarcasm dude. Most of the updates to in iTunes 12 are geared more towards those of us who are on Macs at least that's what it seems to me while using it.

6. DMaki650 macrumors 6502

DMaki650

That is why I put LOL in front. I knew it was sarcasm DUDE. However they made alot of changes and the store is also different. The Get info and iPhone windows are totally different. It doesn't make sense to make that many changes and not update the Windows app in the semi same way.

7. DoctorKrabs macrumors 6502a

DoctorKrabs

iTunes 12 for Windows is available on Apple's site now.

8. chirop macrumors member

installed it , 5 minutes later back to 11.

nvm completly uninstalled it since it can't read my itunes lirary anymore since get this.

it was made with the newer version of itunes.....

9. VSG macrumors regular

I just installed iTunes 12 for Windows and I have a strange problem:
    I can't access the iTunes Store. It keeps crashing then. Everything else works perfectly.

Anyone has the problem?
    Running Windows 7 here, installed 64-bit iTunes.

10. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

That is common with every update. Not that it helps you at the moment but you can copy the itunes library files (I always zip them to one file) and save BEFORE you upgrade. Then you can always revert back if you so desire.

11. Morac macrumors 6502a

Morac

I reverted back to 11.4 because 12.0.1 crashed very frequently when trying to access the iTunes Store or download anything from the iTunes store or sometimes simply when just opening iTunes. Sometimes it's a DEP violation and sometimes it crashes in JavaScriptCore.dll (part of Apple Application Support). Either way it's unusable.

You need to restore your old iTunes Library. It gets saved in "C:\Users\username\Music\iTunes\Previous iTunes Libraries". Just replace the iTunes Library.itl file stored in "C:\Users\username\Music\iTunes\" with the latest backup.

12. fraggot macrumors 6502

I really hate that they removed the sidebar :/

13. macenied macrumors 6502a

macenied

No problems with iTunes 12 on Windows 7 SP1 x64 here. Works flawless as the repository for 1 iPhone 5, 1 iPad 4 and 1 iPhone 4. Sure, it looks different now.

For those who LOL about iTunes users, this is the only way I discovered to manage your iOS devices without a cloud - priceless :)