Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mike MA

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Germany
After installing the new iTunes update, whenever streaming any radio station (Beats 1 or something else), my airplay stream is being stopped and iTunes switches over to my computer as an output device.

The airplay icon than is gone aswell and I have restart iTunes to let it reappear again. Itunes Music or my local library content is behaving just normal.

Bildschirmfoto 2015-07-13 um 23.37.02.png

Bildschirmfoto 2015-07-13 um 23.37.31.png

Anybody else encountered this so far? Did I miss something here?

joedec

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014
Cupertino
After installing the new iTunes update, whenever streaming any radio station (Beats 1 or something else), my airplay stream is being stopped and iTunes switches over to my computer as an output device.

The airplay icon than is gone aswell and I have restart iTunes to let it reappear again. Itunes Music or my local library content is behaving just normal.

View attachment 568443

View attachment 568444

Anybody else encountered this so far? Did I miss something here?

Yes, I have, apparently Beats cannot be redirected to Airplay. Notice if you play something from your library (or a radio station) the airplay icon reappears, no need to restart iTunes.

Reactions: Mike MA

Mike MA

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Germany
Yes, I have, apparently Beats cannot be redirected to Airplay. Notice if you play something from your library (or a radio station) the airplay icon reappears, no need to restart iTunes.

Well, streaming Beats 1 is working on iOS though, so I doubt it's a feature and that's why I would not actually say that it's not possible at all. Seems to be some heavy bug. That the icon reappears when changing the content is right, I didn't notice. Thanks for that!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.