iTunes 12.2: Artist View UI Inconsistency

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JPM42, Jul 1, 2015.

1. JPM42 macrumors 6502

When listening to albums in Artist view, I've noticed that since iTunes 12.2, there's two different types of UIs displaying.

When I first launch the application and begin listening to an artist, I'll get a fairly standard view:

Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 5.05.29 PM.png

But then, if I start bouncing around between artists and then go back, suddenly, the UI turns into this:

Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 5.05.40 PM.png

If I close iTunes and restart it, then the first UI will appear.

Now I don't really care either way which one is used, but I'd at least like to see some consistency. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!

2. RabbitLuvr macrumors 6502

RabbitLuvr

I want to know how to get rid of the dumb "Biography" section that's taking up half my screen space. All of my song titles are cut off, some don't even show an entire word.

3. JPM42 thread starter macrumors 6502

That's another thing I would like to know, as well. I get the purpose behind it, but reading about my music shouldn't take up nearly as much space as actually listening to it. And it just seems like a needless feature: I mean, I'm quite aware that The Beatles are from Liverpool and were kind of a big deal. I also don't need other related artists pictures (who I have no interest in) taking up space, as well. Particularly on my MacBook.