iTunes 12.2 slow downloads for app updates

ThomasJL

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
With iTunes 12.2, when I download updates for my iPhone apps, the updates download very slow. For example, what used to take a couple of seconds now requires around 45 minutes.

My Internet connection is not slow when I check it with Speedtest.net. I'm getting around 35Mbps for upload and download. With this same connection, I never had this slow app update downloading problem with any previous versions of iTunes.

Is anyone else here experiencing this same problem?

YatBob

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2014
Louisiana
I don't notice any slowdown on updates but I notice the progress bar at the top is no longer there

Last edited:
Reactions: Weaselboy

iKaushal

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
Mumbai, India
With iTunes 12.2, when I download updates for my iPhone apps, the updates download very slow. For example, what used to take a couple of seconds now requires around 45 minutes.

My Internet connection is not slow when I check it with Speedtest.net. I'm getting around 35Mbps for upload and download. With this same connection, I never had this slow app update downloading problem with any previous versions of iTunes.

Is anyone else here experiencing this same problem?
I am having the same issue.
previously my apps used to get updated in a few seconds and now it takes minutes

adamsnel

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2015
I am having the same issue.
previously my apps used to get updated in a few seconds and now it takes minutes
I am getting the same issue with 12.3. I used to watch my apps update with excellent speed but since 12.2 it is a snails pace. Does anyone know why? Speedtest showed my speed is fine, and I can download through the internet at a rapid speed. It seems only to be iTunes.