iTunes 12.3 Strangeness

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aliensporebomb, Oct 6, 2015.

1. aliensporebomb macrumors 68000

aliensporebomb

Since this seems to be an "iTunes on the Computer" issue I thought I'd post about it to see if any of you have experienced it yourselves.

Has anyone found when updating a single song to your portable devices (iPhone/iPod) that it decides to update 2000 or more for no good reason?

It's almost like it's caching the requests I made of iTunes in months back and is trying to perform them all at once.

2. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

Has this happened more than once on a single device?
    It sounds like 12.3 is updating database to reflect cloud status etc. of songs on your devices.
    If that's the case, the problem should go away on its own.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Do you have Genius enabled? It will update all that data if you're constantly adding new music.

4. aliensporebomb thread starter macrumors 68000

aliensporebomb

Not running Genius. At the moment it appears that the issue isn't happening - it might be one of those strange things that happens once in a blue moon and then not again.

5. SnarkyBear macrumors member

SnarkyBear

I had a similar problem with my new iPhone 6s. Trying to transfer 35 GB of music, I ended up with 35 GB of "other". The music failed to complete the transfer, and when i ejected and tried again, it started the transfer again from scratch, giving me two of every song. I ended up erasing and resetting the iPhone to get it to work.